Tapeless with XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old April 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tapeless with XH-A1

Hey guys, I have read through many threads for a few hours on tapeless and the Xh-A1.....but it all just starts to run together and I do not even understand half of it.

So, what tapeless systems work with the Canon XH-A1? Will it work with a MAC and Final Cut Pro (any edition)? And all you have to do it transfer the file from the tapeless deck to FCP......no capturing? Thanks for your help.

Well after reading the large thread again it says they filed bankruptcy........why would I want to buy from a bankrupt company? What about the Sony HD?
Russell Feller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Russell,
Bankruptcy , not out of business. I would buy again from Focus. The FSC-60 or 100 works perfect with the XHA1. I do not use tape anymore. It works with Final Cut Pro and is a seamless work flow, just drag the QT movie, drop and edit! From what I have read about the sony, I would stay away. The FSC is easy to use. I just did a shoot with a guy (he had a JVC HD100) and me with my XHA1. We both use a FireStore. After the shoot (on location) we drop the footage on to my macbookpro and review the footage. I back it up , we have a cup of joe and pack away our gear-----Done:) Total of 80 min of video X 2 . This was all done quickly with no problems. Tape less is the way to go, and until someone comes up with a unit better the the FireStore, that's the best best product I know of. If I can help in any way let me know.

The Civil War "A Re-enactors Golden Moment" DVD - Home

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore