Firestore FS3 various questions - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:19 PM   #61
Major Player

hanks Matt,

BUt to sum it up. If i have he 52 pin connectors on DV & DR then both of them work happily but what if wish to use FS3 with DV200 in the same config would i need to have the 52 pin con removed from FS3 and again put AB mount for it work with PAnny DV200.

Also will my JVC work without the FS3 and still having 52 pin con ounted at the back of JVC ???

How much does this 52pin con costs both for JVC & FS3...

Is there any url where I can visually understand it better

Thanks.
Old July 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #62
Focus Enhancements

Hi Bankim,

The 52-pin connector is only available on DR-DV5000 and is only used when connected to a GY-DV5000 camcorder which is the only camcorder that features this connector (it is standard, not optional). The 52-pin interface will not work with any other camcorder.

Because you already have an FS-3, you can still use it with the DV200 and your new JVC GY-DV5000, you will just need to have a FireWire cable for DV I/O.

Hope that helps,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #63
Major Player

AEureka.... I have been able play with FS3 HDD

Yes I managed to open & change the standard 40GB HDD in the FS3 HDD casing with another 100GB HDD. Yes now i boast of about 7.5hours of DIGITISED recording. There didnt seemed any technical diff i just unSCREWED the penchs on the dabba of the HDD box & losened the 40GB out of place to tighten another 120GBHARD in its place ... I fit the same back in place formatted the same thru the FS3 un & mated it on the AB mount of my Camcorder & in notime i was shooting upto 9hours...
PHEW !!!
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #64
Major Player

i guess there are no new posts hapening on this forum ... :(
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:23 AM   #65
Contributor

Hi Bankim,

Sorry you are being left alone - Congrats on your retrofit!

The discussions here have been going heavily in the direction of HDV acquisition, so I for one, have not been visiting the forum that much lately. I have no experience with HDV yet, and I am not in the market for getting into it right now. And I have been darn busy the last five months. Those are my excuses for not giving you a well deserved pat-on-the back earlier.

How many swappable HDDs do you have? Do you do jobs where editing is going on while your shooting? Or do you just like to store the shot material on the FS-3 HDD for as long as you are working on the project? I'm just curious about what makes having multiple swappable HDDs useful in your case.

Cheers

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #66
Major Player

Thx Daniel, For the PAT on my back ;)

I havent been able to make any swappable bays since I dont have empty HDD casings I just took out the 40Gb thing from the case upgraded with a higher capacity HDD & .... shot shot shot.

Yes i shoot in field & later dump all the HDD copntent to my Editing HDd & then the editor does the needfull ... i have all the 6-9 hours of shoot dumped on to my NLE HDD in about an hour time so i save VTR head & time too.

Yes i was also concerned on one issue, IU too am planning to buy a HD100 with an AB mount ... how can i make the FS3 record HDV footage, any firmware upgrade or advices available on the same.

Thx & looking out for some more answers ....
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #67
Major Player

Fs3 ---> HDV ????????????????????
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM   #68
Focus Enhancements

Hi Bankim,

Unfortunately, the FS-3's electronics will not allow it to record HDV. You will have to look at our FS-4, DR-HD100 and FS-C series products for HDV recording capability.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore