FS-5 or the FS-H200 upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old June 21st, 2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FS-5 or the FS-H200 upgrade

I use a FS-4HD 40 gig on my JVC 100U. It is not recommended in the Focus compatibility sheet but it works fine (I do not get a view finder status like the recommended DR-HD100). Once turned on it starts and stop with or without tape and I record in MT2 format.

I want to move up to the FS-5 or the FS-H200 due the compact size and removable media on the FS-H200.

Will it work the same on my camera JVC 100U as the the FS-4HD?

I know it's not on the recommended camera compatibly sheet.
Mark Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I just called Focus Enhancements and the FS-5 and the new FS-H200 will work on my JVC HD100U the same as the FS4-HD unit did. There will not be any status readings in the viewfinder but the unit will start and stop with the camera record functions.

I will soon be upgrading to the new FS-H200.
Mark Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Major Player

I've contemplating this same upgrade. I have the DR-HD100 with my JVC HD100 and don't mind missing the viewfinder updates. Honestly, I never use it anyway. I always check the firestore to make sure it's been triggered.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore