DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   FireStore Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/25896-firestore-announcements.html)

Matt McEwen November 24th, 2003 07:37 PM

FireStore Announcements

Today, we completed qualification of Avid NewsCutter Adrenaline and Media Composer Adrenaline on Windows XP. we expect to qualify Media Composer on the Mac shortly.

When clips are recorded to FireStore products in the "Avid OMF" DTE file format, it is possible to use the files instantly in the Avid timeline.

In addition to NewsCutter and Media Composer, FireStore with DTE Technology also supports Xpress DV and Xpress Pro on Mac and PC.

Matt McEwen
Focus Enhancements

Matt McEwen December 1st, 2003 02:48 PM

New FireStore Conversion Software

FOCUS is pleased to announce that it is now shipping its FireStore DV Conversion Suite of powerful software tools for Broadcasters and Video Professionals.

The first tool, FireStore DV File Converter allows you to convert your DV material between various file formats in an easy-to-use drag-and-drop user interface. The conversion does not involve decompression/compression so there is no quality loss. It converts between:

* QuickTimeŽ (with or without separate audio track)
* QuickTimeŽ Reference Movie (import only, with or without separate audio track)
* AVI Type 1 (with or without OpenDML extension)
* AVI Type 2 (with or without OpenDML extension)
* Reference AVI Type 1 and 2
* Canopus AVI Type 1 and 2
* Matrox RT2500/DigiSuite AVI
* Raw DV (.dv/.dif/.dvsd)
* SONY ES-3 DV files (.dv)
* SONY DSR-DU1 DV files (.dvd)
* AVIDŽ DV OMF

The second tool, FireStore DV Standards Converter, imports and exports many file formats and converts DV files from NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC.

For more information or to download a demo version, please visit http://www.focusinfo.com/dvconversionsuite/

Matt McEwen
Focus Enhancements

KalynScowcroft December 5th, 2003 01:21 AM

Any idea when this software will be available for Mac OSX??

Matt McEwen December 5th, 2003 11:43 AM

Hello Kalyn,

Currently FireStore DV Conversion Suite is available for Windows 98/ME/2000/NT only. Development continues on DV Conversion Suite, and we are focusing on new features such as additional file format support.

We have benchmarked FireStore DV File Converter running under Virtual PC 6.1 on a 1G Powerbook (OS 10.2.3) and find that it works well and converts at roughly 2X realtime. For example, a 10 minute video clip would take 20 minutes to convert.

Thank you for your interest in our products, we will contiinue to evaluate your suggestion.

Matt McEwen
Focus Enhancements

Chris Hurd January 4th, 2004 03:33 PM

We should have an end-user review or two on the DV Conversion Suite available soon on the DV Info main site. I'll be sure to post here as soon as that happens.

James Ball January 9th, 2004 11:14 PM

needs a 24fps conversion

it does optical flow calculations, I hope they add a 24fps converter. I can't see buying a camera when the one I have is superior the the DVX100.

I have a Pannasonic DVCPro25

I'd like to see how it stacks up against Vegas, Twixtor, and the RealViz software and for After Effects users Continuum Pro.

Matt McEwen March 22nd, 2004 04:28 PM

Special NAB Price for FireStore DV File Coverter

Hello,

Wanted to let you all know that Focus has a special $99 price on the FireStore DV File Converter Software between now and NAB '04. That is a savings of $100 off the normal MSRP.

Visit http://www.focusinfo.com/products/fi.../dvcsuite.html for further details.

DV File Converter is a great tool for converting captured clips from one DV NLE file format to another, linking multiple clips into one large clip, extracting or embedding DV audio and DV/DVCAM - DVCPro data conversion.

Matt McEwen

Matt McEwen April 16th, 2004 11:54 PM

New Formats for FireStore DTE Technology at NAB

Thought you all may be interested in new developments with FireStore's DTE Technology at NAB...

FOCUS Enhancements Showcases Latest FireStore Direct To Edit Technology at NAB
Wednesday April 14, 2:37 pm ET

Integrates Four New File Formats: HDV, MXF, 24p and Pinnacle's Liquid Edition and Vortex

CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2004--FOCUS Enhancements Inc. (Nasdaq:FCSE - News), a worldwide leader in video production and conversion technology, today announced that it will demonstrate four new file formats for the company's Direct To Edit (DTE) Technology at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) tradeshow in Las Vegas, April 19th-22nd at five booths, including its own, booth number SL3501.

HDV -- As a new supporter of the high-definition video (HDV) forum established by Canon, Sharp, Sony and JVC in September 2003, FOCUS Enhancements will showcase HDV support on the FireStore platform using a working model to record and play 720p and 1080i MPEG-2 streams.

MXF -- The company will demonstrate Media Exchange Format (MXF) file transfer capability by recording on a FireStore FS-3 with prototype software and importing into Snell & Wilcox's MXF Desktop application. FOCUS Enhancements intends to integrate the open industry and platform-independent MXF format into future FireStore products as non-linear edit (NLE) manufacturers migrate to this evolving format.

24p QuickTime and 24p AVI Type 2 -- With the popularity of the 24p DV format, FOCUS Enhancements has added 24p support to QuickTime and AVI Type-2 DTE formats to FireStore, which will enable users of camcorders such as the Panasonic AG-DVX100A to access DTE Technology within native 24p NLE applications, including Apple Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas Video. This will be demonstrated on a FireStore FS-3 with prototype software.

Pinnacle Liquid Edition and Vortex native file formats -- FOCUS Enhancements has in beta software enabling FireStore DR-DV5000 and FS-3 to support for Pinnacle's Liquid Edition DV editing products and Vortex News solutions.

Matt McEwen, product manager for FOCUS Enhancements, stated, "The ability to constantly adapt DTE Technology to the changing needs of the digital video market has always been a primary competitive advantage for FireStore and other partner products featuring our technology. Demonstrating four of the newest file formats in the professional video market illustrates FOCUS Enhancements commitment to continually advance video technology."

Ongoing demos will be held at the FOCUS Enhancements booth #SL3501, the JVC Professional booth #C4728, the Avid Developer Pavilion booth #SL5260M, the Canon booth #SU9649, and the Miranda booth #SU10129, during the NAB tradeshow in Las Vegas April 19-22, 2004.

Rob Lohman April 18th, 2004 06:35 AM

That's some good news, Matt! Thanks. Now the big question
everybody will be having is when they can have it and for how
much <g> Good luck there at the show!

Matt McEwen April 30th, 2004 10:19 AM

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late reply. Been trying to get back on track since NAB.

Pinnacle Liquid Edition support is expected in an upcoming release and will be available as a free download from the Focus website for FireStore FS-3 and DR-DV5000 owners.

24p support of QuickTime and AVI2 is also expected in an upcoming release and will be available as a free download for FS-3 owners.

MXF and HDV support were essentially working technology demonstrations on FireStore hardware. Stay tuned to the Focus website for information regarding support of these formats in FireStore products.

Hope that helps,
Matt

Matt McEwen May 12th, 2004 12:12 PM

New FireStore Reviews

Hello,

Here is two new FireStore DR-DV5000 / FS-3 reviews....

Focus Enhancements FireStore FS-3
by Mark Foley
Videography Magazine
http://www.uemedia.net/CPC/videograp...cle_8077.shtml

Focus Enhancements FireStore DR-DV5000
by Stephan Murphy
TV Technology Magazine
http://www.focusinfo.com/products/fi...DV5KTVTRev.pdf (PDF)

Matt McEwen

Matt McEwen May 24th, 2004 12:36 PM

New Firmware for FireStore for FS-3 / DR-DV5000 Now Available

Hello,

Existing FS-3 and DR-DV5000 owners can download the latest 1.2 firmware version for free from the Focus website. 1.2 adds new features such as Scene Marking, Loop Record and DV Bypass. We have also improved overall system performance. You can read more at: http://www.focusinfo.com/products/firestore/fs-3.html

The new firmware version will also be loaded on all new unit shipments.

Best regards,

Matt McEwen

Bankim Jain May 26th, 2004 02:22 PM

Hi Matt,

I was wondering would this update be any good for me ... I use FS3 bought in March04 and i use it docked with Panny AGDV200. I already use HD Bypass featire to use HD from the FS3 unit withou taking out and connected to my PC for edit.

Matt McEwen May 27th, 2004 09:36 AM

Hi Bankim,

The new version 1.2 firmware brings a few new features...

1. Scene Marking - It is now possible to mark scenes while you are shooting or playing back to up to ten, pre-named folders on disk. This allows for easy access to particular clips when it is time to edit. A lot of NLE systems will let you import an entire folder of clips to the bin for easy clip management.

2. Loop Record - This is similar to the current Retro Disk feature, where it is possible to loop record video to available disk drive space. This is useful for security and analysis applications.

3. DV Bypass - This is specific to DR-DV5000 users who use the JVC GY-DV5000 camcorder where the camcorder has been modified for 52-pin operation. This feature allows the camcorder to connect to external devices such as NLE systems through FireStore's DV I/O port.

4. Overall System Performance Enhancement - We have enhanced both the record and playback engines in FS-3 and DR-DV5000 for increased responsiveness.

For more detail, check out:
http://www.focusinfo.com/products/fi...2firmware.html

This is a free upgrade for existing FS-3 and DR-DV5000 owners. To upgrade firmware on one of these units, simply download the software update from the Focus support site, copy it to a FireWire disk drive, connect the drive to FireStore and select OS Upgrade from the Setup menu.

Matt

Bankim Jain May 27th, 2004 03:08 PM

Thanks Matt for your reply !