Record from MXProDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:04 PM   #1
Tourist

Record from MXProDV

Hi,

I would like for someone to tell me if it's possible to record from the DV output of the MXProDV into the FireStore 1. I want to mix/swith two cameras (connected with DV cable) through the MXProDV and get that output and store it in the FS1. If this is possible, please let me know. If that wont work, what other solution can I go about using and what else would I need?

Thanks a lot for you help.
Jonathan Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #2
Tourist

Solution

Can anyone that has read this tell me if this is possible. I know some people have read my post, and want to know if what I'm trying to do is possible.

Thanks
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #3
Focus Enhancements

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been offline for a couple of days.

You will need to use a DV converter box between the output of MXProDV and FireStore FS-1. We are currently experiencing some problems between the two units. I would recommend coming out of the S-Video port on the rear of MXProDV and going into the DV port on FS-1 via a DV converter. I would recommend the Canopus ADVC-100 (US MSRP $299) DV converter... http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC-100/pm_advc-100.asp .

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:54 PM   #4
Tourist

What kind of problems ?

What kind of problems or what would happen if I dont use the Canopus coverter? Do you think that Focus would make a change to fix whatever the problem is and would it just be like software related or hardware ?

Thanks for your response, really appreciate it
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #5
Focus Enhancements

Hi Jonathan,

I think that it basically works, but tech support had reported it is not reliable. We are looking into the problem. I'll post to this group if we come up with a solution.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore