Matrox RTX100 Extreme Pro file compatibility? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM   #1
New Boot

Matrox RTX100 Extreme Pro file compatibility?

Does the Firestore FS-1 have the ability to natively work with Matrox RTX-100 Extreme Pro files?

Does anyone have any experience with these two products working together?

Thanks
Steve Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM   #2
New Boot

I think I answered my own question:

From the Focusinfo.com site I found that the FS-1 is direct compatible with these Matrox boards:

Matrox DigiSuite DTV
Matrox DigiSuite LX

On Matrox's web site, it says that:

"RT.X100 Xtreme Pro creates and plays back .avi files with interleaved audio and video, and can also play back separate .avi files for video and .wav files for audio (such as files captured with the original RT.X100).

DigiSuite LX and DTV MAX support DV/DVCAM files with separate audio and video. If you capture files on DigiSuite LX or DTV MAX, you can edit them on RT.X100 Xtreme Pro. "

This leads me to deduce that the FS-1 is direct compatible with the RTX-100 Extreme Pro, since the FS-1 generates DV files which are compatible with the DigiSuite LX and DTV.

If anyone has any input on this, it would be appreciated, particularly if you're an end user of both products.
Steve Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Focus Enhancements

Hi Steve,

FireStore FS-1 (and all other products featuring Direct To Edit (DTE) Technology support both flavors of AVI files used with Matrox systems... AVI Type 2 and Matrox AVI. So, you were correct.

Hope that helps.

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi guys,
I use FS3 with TWO Nle sys. One Matrox RTX100 Extreme and the files are simply running fine even in the AVI1 AVI2 & Matrox AVI formats ... there is no problem what so ever in my editing even when i use FS3 with my NLE with an orinary Forewire 400 card. So you can go ahead with FS3 2 or 1 for use with Marox RTX100 hardware. Where as your Extreme PRO gors its just that you use the latest update on Xtoolswith Prem PRo.

I hope this helps.

;)
Old August 19th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm confused. I was all set to order an FS-4 but was concerned the RTX100 wasn't listed as compatible, but all other Matrox products were, so I emailed Focus Enhancements asking if the RTX is compatible with the FS-4. They said "No" so I asked why.
Here is their reply.

Why it is , we don't know .
Please contact Matrox and ask them why it is different then their other NLE's .

We have no plans to make it compatible .

Thank you for contacting FOCUS technical support.

Regards,
Paul van Zweeden
FOCUS Enhancements
Technical Support

According to those on this thread, including Mr McEwen, there are no problems (albeit using other FS models) .

So who's right - the sales guys or the technical support guys?

Mark
Old August 20th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #6
Focus Enhancements

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the confusion. We had some miscommunication here. We have had an RTX.100 here at our test facility for quite some time but have had some real problems getting it to work on one of our XP systems. The reason RTX.100 is not on the compatibility guide is that it has not officially completed testing in our test lab. I expect to have this completed shortly.

Customers (including Bankim on this thread) have reported that the DTE Technology file formats AVI Type 2 and Matrox AVI work fine with FS-3. FS-4 uses the same file format technology as FS-3.

Hope that helps and sorry for the confusion.

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks, Matt.

Best of luck with the testing.

Mark
Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:24 AM   #8
Focus Enhancements

Hello,

Just to let everyone know, we have completed Matrox RTX.100 tests with DTE Technology devices and are happy to report that it works fine. Use either the Matrox AVI or AVI Type 2 file format when recording clips on FireStore.

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore