Big problems with DR-HD100 footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Major Player

Big problems with DR-HD100 footage

I did a shoot last night with my HD100 connected to the DR-HD100. Shooting DV, 24p (as I always do with no problems). It was at an acoustic concert, followed by some clips at one of the musician's house. The clips from the concert are horrible choppy and basically worthless. The footage from the house is perfect.

No settings were changed on the camera, and the drive was formatted immediately before I starting the shoot at the concert.

I tried "repair clip" and it did nothing.

I can post an example of the footage if it would help.

Anyone else experience this? I've left a message at FE tech support about the issue.

Thanks!!!!
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have had similar experiences with mine as well and was able to determine it was do to an extremely loud environment. In my case it was a heavy metal band and i was at the very front of the stage. In your case being an acoustic set i am guessing sound was not a major issue.

Here is the thread
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-en...ironments.html
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the reply. I've used this for much louder things than this and never had a problem. Some of the footage from the house afterwards was extremely loud and that footage is fine.

I'm really stumped.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Any other thoughts? They aren't returning my calls :(
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #5
Major Player

The DR_HD100 is a spinning hard drive. Sounds (acoustics) of particularly resonating frequencies can mess with this. Doesn't necessarily have to be super loud, just particular wave lenght and loud enough.

Lots of potential problems on any spinning disc based shoot when music is involved, always best to be recording to tape in such situations if possible (or in the case of other cameras, such as the RED ONE, solid state like compact flash).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore