Is 4-track audio recording with Focus FS-CV possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old February 13th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is 4-track audio recording with Focus FS-CV possible?

I use my Focus Firestore FS-CV together with my Canon XLH1 (first series).
Lately I wanted to record 4 track audio. I made my recording in HDV, in MOV format. But...just one channel (camera mic in stereo) was recorded, the lavelier mic sound was nowhere to be found! It just wasn't recorded.

My question; is the FS-CV able to record 4 track audio? Does Quicktime (MOV) support this or should I use another format. Is the Firewire cable able to stream this data?
If so, how do I manage?

Thanks for answering!

Rob
Old February 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Read the manual...(the FS-CV manual in this case).

Page 16 says that recording in HDV mode only 2 audio channels (MPEG-1, layer 2) are possible. There is a way to record 4 track audio, but then you'll have to switch to DV...and who wants that these days? In DV mode (only in RAW DV DTE file format) you can record 4 channel audio in 12 bit, 32 kHz.
Too bad it won't work in HDV...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore