MRHD100 and JVC GYHD200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MRHD100 and JVC GYHD200

My camera is the JVC HD 200 and I'm shooting 720p60 to both tape (as a back up) and the Firestore MR-HD100 (primary). The footage is being saved as Quicktime files. I'm editing on a 2010 Mac Pro with FCP 7.0.3

When I try to import everything directly into FCP, I get a warning that says "The following media files are not optimized for FCP. It is highly recommended that you either recapture the media or use media manager to create new copies of the files to improve their performance for multi-stream playback". Then it lists all the file names.

The item properties for everything shows that the clips are 1280x720 at 59.94fps and that the compressor is HDV 720p60. Why am I getting this message? Isn't HDV good enough?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore