M2T header corruption fix?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Major Player

M2T header corruption fix??

I recorded an event with my A1 and firestore FS-5, no problem during testing or recording before the event (and fortunately I also recorded to tape so have all but about 1 minute that I can get from elsewhere).

I ended up with 2 files, 1 is about an hour (12 gigs) and the other shorter, say 6 gigs.

I can open the second file no problem (in vegas, 8 and 10), but the first file when it opens only shows as 15 frames although the entire file is there. And, I can play the proxy with no problem on the firestore. The file properties show it with a negative small number for the time, so I am under the impression that somehow the header info is corrupted .. but I believe the M2T is probably fine (and I could live without the first few mins of the AVI file anyway). I was thinking maybe the file got corrupted when I offloaded it from the FS, but the source file on the FS is the same.

does anyone have any suggestions for being able to open and fix my file so I can use the usable portions of the video (even if I have to drop the first few mins if there are any corrupted GOPs)??

Most of the tools I have are for SD MPEGs, so I don't have many tools for this 1440x1080 M2T source. I'm willing to buy something to fix it (reasonably) or free tools, etc.

ANY / ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!! thank you!
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: M2T header corruption fix??

well let me answer my own post by saying that I ran the M2T through cineform neo scene (which I had) and I was able to access the whole file with no problem, so neoscene must have rolled right over whatever vegas was choking on in the file .. which is great .. ended up with a monster file (and I didn't really need the intermediate) but it did the trick. Thanks cineform!
Dave Stern is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore