FS-4 HD upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Tourist

FS-4 HD upgrade

Hi!
This seems like an old topic, last post goes like 4 years back. Well, I am in this situation - got this FireStore FS-4 which I bough damaged and fixed some time ago, and just got the good old Canon XH-A1 which should be able to record HDV but FS-4 HD firmware upgrade is required. Looked around, found out that Focus website had them for download awhile ago (can see that through Wayback Machine) but now the website is down. Contacted the company VITEC which is now supporting FireStore products but had zero response from them. I have seen people talking about FireStore software upgrade CD but I never seen any working links. Called some numbers who sold them and all are dead end. I was wondering if someone still has a copy of that CD since noone seems to support this product anymore. What I have found so far is fs4.bin file that supposedly contains FS-4 HD upgrade but if I try to upgrade from that file it says Wrong Product ID. Maybe thats fake file..

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
Nils Jakobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 05:23 AM   #2
Tourist

Re: FS-4 HD upgrade

I have the same issue. Anyone at all could help?
Fred Lyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:22 AM   #3
Tourist

Hello,

Did you ever find the upgrade CD or a solution to upgrade a FS-4 to a FS-4Pro HD?

thanks

John
John G. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2021, 07:01 PM   #4
New Boot

I'm in a similar situation. I've got the FS-H200 Pro and the FS-C and I'm hoping to find a firmware update newer than V. 1.0.0.09112309 for the FS-H200 Pro and V. 2.1.0.04032307 for the FS-C.

I'm selling the FS-C with a sweet Canon XH-A1, and want to make sure I have the latest firmware!
Jim Jordan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore