Audio sync issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 25th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #1
Major Player

Audio sync issue

I’ve had my three FS4 ProHD units ( one genuine and two standard FS4 with the firmware update ) for a while now .

They all worked great with my DSR 500 and still with my HRV V1e ( recording HDV 1080 either 50i or 25p into QuickTime format ) and ingests happily into FCP7 .

Not so long back , I acquired a ‘new old stock’ JVC GY-HD 251 with zero hours on the clock .

After some messing around with settings both in the camcorder , and the FS4 , I was able to record HDV 720p footage at either 25p or 50p , with control from the camera , although only works in m2t format .

I purchased Edit Ready , which allows me to convert m2t to QT , which I can then ingest into FCP7 , only the audio is well out of sync by varying amounts , which seems to increase with the length of the clip .

Footage captured from tapes playing in the camcorder have perfect sync but a) I’m nervous about connecting the camcorder to my MacPro due to well documented issues with the FireWire ports on these cameras , and b) I use the Firestores for extended recording time without breaks to change tape .

I know there was a specific version of the Firestore for this range of cameras , but I don’t have one .

Has anyone else encountered this and , if so , did you resolve it ?

Meantime , I can correct sync on the timeline by unlinking audio , sliding along then locking it again , but it is a pain to have to do all the time .

Apart from this one issue the camera/recorder is a great combo .
Derek Heeps is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore