Batteries no longer power the FS-4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Batteries no longer power the FS-4

My batteries no longer power the FS-4 but the power adapter does. Either both batteries died at the same time or there is something wrong with the battery portion of the FS-4.

I charged both batteries until the LED lights green but pushing the power button does nothing. When I have the battery installed and the power adapter attached and plugged into the wall outlet, I can start up the FS-4. As soon as I unplug the power adapter, the unit shuts off.

I took the battery out of the receptacle and see 3 gold metal contacts protruding through the holes but four holes. I see 4 metal contacts on the battery. Did one of the contacts on the FS-4 fall off?
David Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi David,

There are only three contacts on the FS-4, but four holes (the fourth hole is not used). I would say something may be wrong with your unit and you should contact Focus tech support at: http://www.focusinfo.com/support/contact.asp .

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I bought another one, used

$245 for a repair seems a bit steep. So I bought another FS-4, used, for a little over twice the price. If I already did not have a battery belt that powered it externally (and therefore keep it usable), I would have turned to solutions such as this:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=69856

that cost 10 times less than the Focus Enhancements price tag.

I like the FS-4 enough to buy and recommend but the repair pricing certainly discourages me from sending a unit in for repair.

Which I suppose is an effective way to reduce the hassle of having to deal with repairs.
David Yuen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore