Best EIS/OIS in small form-factor HDV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old May 30th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Trustee

Best EIS/OIS in small form-factor HDV?

I am asking this so that we can get a discussion going on EIS/OIS for extreme sports helmet cam usage. A fellow mountain biker and who I regard as the dean of MTB helmet cams did a gravity test on his PC1000. Gravity won.

Myself and another HDV shooter, Mountain Bike Bill, are shooting two different platforms. I shoot a Sony HC-7. Bill shoots a Canon HV-20. Bill bought his camera without seeing Douglas Spotted Eagles report on how the HV-10 pretty much stinks in extreme sports. He is having some issues. I bought the HC-7 to avoid that, but you cannot tell the difference between off and on for the OIS (better than the HV-20, but still not great.)

DSE mentioned that the EIS in the HC-5 seems to be better than the HC-7.

The question - Is the HC-9 an improvement or get a HC-7? Or does the HV-30 fix everything? Which is the best small form HDV camera for high vibration applications like sky-diving, mountain biking, skiing, or strapped to a rollbar?

For your viewing pleasure, check out Pete's site. http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm I highly recommend Norway '06 if you view just one.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Errr... A code filter prevents edits at the moment. In the above, I meant this:

The question - Is the HC-9 an improvement or get a HC-5?
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition