Comparison Footage JVC HD10 vs Sony FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old November 20th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Comparison Footage JVC HD10 vs Sony FX1

I have some comparison footage between the JVC HD10 and the SONY FX1 that I would like to post somewhere. I personally don't have the bandwidth or space available on any of my own websites.

I'd be happy to put the footage on DVD and mail it to anyone that's interested for actual cost of the blank DVD and postage.

Would anyone like to see it?

BTW: I'm selling my HD10 along with a bunch of accessories. Please see the private classifieds if you're interested.

OOPS = Posted in the Sony Forum only by mistate
Bill Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 01:10 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Bill: I would love to get a copy on DVD if it's not too much trouble. Please send me a private email at kwshaw1@videomem.com.

P.S. If you're selling your HD10, I'd say that tells us a lot about the comparison right there.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 01:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Bill,

I just replied to your other post - guess I should have been here! If both clips are in native formats, I would love to see them. Maybe someone would host some short clips. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us.
Old November 25th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Can you tell us about your opinion?

You are moving to Sony so for some reason you like it better. What is the deciding factor? Video quality or the scarce flexibility of the HD10?
I do have the HD1 and it is hard to believe that a better video quality is possible in such a small package but my experience is limited to this camera. One thing I disklike about the JVC is basically the absence of a real manual mode. I see this as the only although huge limitation. It would be very nice to know your opinion, in particular about video quality since getting your files may be difficult.
Gabriele Sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Re: Can you tell us about your opinion?

<<<-- Originally posted by Gabriele Sartori : You are moving to Sony so for some reason you like it better. What is the deciding factor? Video quality or the scarce flexibility of the HD10?
I do have the HD1 and it is hard to believe that a better video quality is possible in such a small package but my experience is limited to this camera. One thing I disklike about the JVC is basically the absence of a real manual mode. I see this as the only although huge limitation. It would be very nice to know your opinion, in particular about video quality since getting your files may be difficult. -->>>

Sorry to butt in...
I received my FX1e yesterday, and I can honestly say that there's far more difference between the Sony cam and the HD1/10 (I've also got a HD10u) than manual control.

The most notable is the greater low-light sensitivity. Less chroma noise would be next (sorta linked to the greater sensitivity), the clarity of 1080i image (yes it is even better than the HD10's 720p - not by leaps and bounds but definitely cleaner) and finally the Focus Enhance function.

I'm not selling the HD10u because I still see it fitting into the scheme of hardware I'd originally envisioned, but if the FX1 had been available 12 months back.... I'd have two FX1s now rather than one.....

And trust me (how many dudes say that eh?!!!), I get really revved up by those that knock the JVC HD cams; so for me to say the FX1 should have JVC whipping the fingers out of their currently sedantry dates, or they may find themselves too far behind the eight-ball, is no little thing.........
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition