I think CANON HDV will be here sooner then later... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old December 12th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
I just keep chuckling at all these folks throwing around the term "true" or "real" HD when we never heard this kind of silliness back when everyone was taking potshots at DV.
Yeah, ya got me there. I just figured it'd be fitting now to point out that if 100 Mbps is good, 1.5 Gbps must be better. ;-)
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
Yeah, ya got me there. I just figured it'd be fitting now to point out that if 100 Mbps is good, 1.5 Gbps must be better. ;-)
Yes but for many filmmakers/video producers that 1.5Gbps is irrelevant as they have no way of capturing/recording it.

For the same reason, not that many people on these boards are excited about, say, the Panavision genesis or the Arri D20 (though I expect some are) - that level of kit is out of their reach.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Dylan,

It is not too hard to capture the uncompressed 4:2:2 HD-SDI output, certainly you can do it for less than the cost of the camera, so many are considering this workflow for the best quality images.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition