hardware for HD xdcam 1920x1080 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old February 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Tourist

hardware for HD xdcam 1920x1080

Hi hello, sorry for my poor english, i speak like the indians

I`l gona edit xdcam footage 1920x1080,
In my computer.
Mother: p5vd2 asus
pentium 4 cpu 2.20g
2gb ram
Ge force 9500
the problem: I cant run premier in this system.

the cuestion: I need change both, mother and proccesor.
or only change the procesor is good.
Whith this mother (775 socket), the most powerfull processor is the intel core2 cuad
its good?
Another thing, avid vs premier cs4? wich is the best

please help me. and good dreams
Cristian Iorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Major Player

I guess that depends on what are you planing to do with the material. Just for simple cut-cut editing I think maybe it would be enough, but anything else - I doubt your computer is gonna cut it. A quad core and more ram would help a lot. At home I use a dual core, 2gigs of ram, 3 disks and a firegl V8600 and if I want to edit smoothly HD mpeg2 or mpeg4 material I usually re-encode the material to an Iframe codec or just simply uncompress - depends on what I'm doing. But for work with uncompressed material you are gonna need some faster disk (raid 0 maybe, SSDs). I would recommend that you try this setup and then build it up step by step - seeing along the road what is it that you really need. But more ram and a faster cpu in my opinion is a must. And what about disks, what kind of a disk setup do you have? Doing it all on a one disk - with the OS installed on it - is a big no no to!

As far as the NLE editor goes - use the one you are more acquainted with. I use Avid MediaComposer just for editing.
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition