I'm wondering what camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old July 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I'm wondering what camera?

I'm wondering what OK Go's latest video for YouTube - OK Go - End Love - Official Video could have been shot on. There's a 1080 version on YouTube and obviously not up-rezzed. However not only can the camera manage timelaps (I know it was perhaps all done in post) the slowmo is so smooth it must be running at an incredibly fast frame rate and shutter speed as the 'men in flight' images are incredibly sharp with little blurring.

It's very clever overall, as it's all very well synched to the beat, so it must have been incredibly carefully choreographed and planned. Or has it simply all been worked very cleverly in post?

What camera/grip must have been deployed in order to get these kind of movements too?

Any suggestions or inside knowledge as to how it was made.

Chrome
Association of Professional Videomakers (UK) www.apv.org.uk
Megalith TV www.megalith.tv
Stephen M. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Major Player

My TV Technology professor was just talking about this video. He didn't say specifically what cameras were used, but he did say that all the over and undercranking was done in camera. The video also was shot in real time. It took them 18 hours to shoot it, and they actually took turns sleeping in those sleeping bags. The only things done in post was a digital zoom in, and removing some frames in order to sync their actions up with the beat.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Inner Circle

If I had to guess, I'd say a RED or a Phantom. Probably the only commonly available video cams available that could do this. Could be done of film too, but would have been pretty pricey.

Pretty cool piece regardless.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition