The little things... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old July 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #1
Major Player

The little things...

Sometimes it's the little things that can make the difference in how we end up appreciating or enjoying a product.

For example... Yesterday I received my complimentary (that's FREE!!) embroidered jacket from Sony Australia, as recognition of my HDV purchase.

Now: besides the fact that it's a really, really nice jacket with 3 nice embroidered logos on it - because that's beside the point - Sony has certainly shown an attitude towards it's HDV customers that has been so eminently lacking from JVC.

I feel like Sony has noticed that I took an educated punt on the success of HD/HDV.

JVC on the other hand; made me feel like I was some kind of intellectual rebel for even enquiring about their HD-10u when it came out - let alone the attitude I got from them when I finally purchased one.

So; 1 and three quarters of a year after purchasing the JVC HD-10u, I've heard nothing from JVC - as far as they're concerned, I probably don't exist regardless of the monetary evidence that I do.

8 months after purchasing the FX-1e, Sony has sent me various offers for HDV purchasers and now the embroidered jacket.

Who do you reckon I've had the superior experience from?
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #2
Major Player

I have to say I have a similar experience, but from a different place. I regularly have to go to HK to get my gear, even though the companies branches say they serve my market (Macau). Anyway, I have to say that from all companies I've contacted (Panasonic, JVC, SOny), the best costumer support came from Sony. I was looking for a studio monitor and sent ienquiry e-mails to all these companies. Only sony replied, and was very helpfull, suplying up to date information, places of purchase and responsive support. Even though I don't feel tempted to buy an FX-1 or z1, because I do love my dvx and want to go the hvx route, I have to say that I feel a lot more secure and supported with the sony costumer service.

Not enough to make me buy a z1, but enough to make me consider everything else they have to sell.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition