Adding pulldown and 60i wrapper to 24P footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old November 21st, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adding pulldown and 60i wrapper to 24P footage?

Hello,

Is their any device or software that will add a 60i wrapper and pull down cadence to HD/HDV footage during capture or in post that would be the same process as shooting 24P Scan (like on a Sony Z7U)?

I’m shooting a feature for DVD. Certain, important footage will be shot in 60i, and I want to preserve that perspective. So, I believe a 60i timeline in Premiere Pro will do this.

I could shoot the rest of the footage on a Z7U or EX camera in 24P Scan mode (60i). But, what about using a camera that shoots 24P (or 23.97)? Can I convert the footage somehow?

I do realize that I can shoot and edit in a 24P timeline and add 60i footage (and deinterlace it) but I don’t want to lose the 60i feel of that footage in the process?

This is going to DVD anyway, so a pull down will be added to the finished file by Encore anyway, so I though I would acquire and edit in interlaced in the first place.

(Telecine is the original process of doing this, but please keep in mind, this is not a film project.)

Any help would be appreciated,

William

Last edited by William Koenig; November 21st, 2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: telecine
William Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Wow. I got it.

Cool,

Premiere Pro CS5 will add the pulldown automatically when I put 24P footage in a 60i timeline.

Thank you anyway, but nevermind.

I'm all set.

Willaim
William Koenig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition