Any competition for the A1 within the next 6 months? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old September 13th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #1
Trustee

Any competition for the A1 within the next 6 months?

Just wondering ... within the next 6 months are we likely to see any new cameras in the A1 market segment that would be worthy competitors for the Sony?

That is: HDV for under $3000; compact handycam formfactor; comparable (or better) image quality, low-light performance and audio, etc....

Thanks!
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

If anyone has any plans to release such, they're not talking yet.

However, we've all been generally expecting Canon to introduce an HDV GL3 (based solely on the notion that the GL2 is getting very long in the tooth and has had a rebate running on it for a long, long time). Perhaps they'll announce such a product tomorrow at the Canon Expo?
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #3
Regular Crew

After owning a GL2, this is something I am hoping will appear next year(Sooner if I had my way), a GL3 type would be great. But it's still too early, and no news from anyone, just what we know is here and/or coming by end of the year.
Sean Hansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition