Extreme close-up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old September 20th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Extreme close-up

Hi.
In my days as a 35 mm photographer, we used a reverced wide angle lens for extreme close-up. Has anyone tested this on a Z1 or simular camera?
I need to fill the picture with an insect of 3 - 5 mm. (The size of a small ant)
Do anyone have a tip howe to do this without spending too much money?
Arnt Mollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You can get a set of 4 screw on macro lenses on ebay for under £20 or you can get something like a canon 500d for about £100 new.
Colvin Eccleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Extreme close-up

Thank you for your answere. I have been offline for some time.
I think I need between 10x and 20x diopters, and that is a lot of close-up filters, maybe to many. I dont know the magnification for the Canon 500D, cant seem to find it in Canons descriptions.
Have anyone tried a reversed 72mm wideangle lens in front of Sonys Zoom lens? Other ideas anyone?
Arnt Mollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Get a lens with a large threading and just get an adapter ring to fit it to the 72mm threading on the Z1 and mount it backwards- a short zoom lens would be ideal- you'll get full framed ant shots. Setup just as you did with 35mm photography and you'll get amazing results.

I shoot exotic mantids for my son and we have some tiny mantids that I can get full frame with the "reverse lens" technique.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.
(post a video)
Old October 6th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Extreme close-up

Thank you Steve. I was hoping that it should work. Do you have a tip for a lens that fits that description? I have not been able to find any lens to test.

I am also making a streaming water insect film for flyfishing people and need the real macro/micro shots.
Arnt Mollan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition