Good "cheap" video camera with HDMI uncompressed out 1080p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Good "cheap" video camera with HDMI uncompressed out 1080p

Hi all,

I use a canon t2i for video right now, but for some reason the HDMI output stopped working. If I can fix it, I am good to go, but I am guessing it's not fixable. I've tried various cords and various display devices, nothing seems to work.

I have a really nice Lanparte DSLR rails/rig with follow focus, matte box, shoulder pad, HDMI splitter/power brick with 130Kw battery pack, etc. I also use a DR-40 4-ch audio recorder and a BM Shuttle 2 for HDMI recording to DNxHD. I can use the t2i for the onboard HD recording, but to my eye the quality sux once I start editing. It's good enough for most things, but I would prefer the better DNxHD quality my Shuttle 2 can record.

So.. I've been wondering about perhaps a used camera that has full 1080p good quality clean hdmi output. I could probably try to pick up another t2i, and with 4 EF lens, I'd probably be best to stay with something that can use EF lens, or a camera with an adapter to use them.

I'd like to stay within a $500 budget, as I plan on getting the BlackMagic Pocket Camera soon as it comes out in August or so.. probably longer as I can't preorder right now and they probably will run out by the time I can order it!

So.. any suggestions on a decent priced good quality clean HDMI 1080P output, used or otherwise? If it's a fixed mount lens, that would be OK too as long as I can color correct/grade it with the video from the BMPCC.

Thanks.
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition