A Forum/Place to exchange camera settings.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old December 16th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #1
Major Player

A Forum/Place to exchange camera settings....

Hey Chris,

As I am sitting here fiddling and farting aroundwith this camera, I just realized someting.....That music video Nate Weaver shot with the HD100 is pretty! Then I thought to myself....his camera can save the settings and he could email that to another HD100 user if he so desired!

how awesome is that feature???!!!???

So then I thought it would be SUPER COOL if we had a place in the DVINFO community that we can share these files. HD100 section & XL-H1 section. So if I go out and shoot a project and a DP wants to know the settings that my DP used for a particular scene......I don't have to remember them or write them down. I can just email them to him or he/she can download them from here! *smile*

It's just a thought and would be really cool for this website I think.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

What you need is a file download area.

I'll make one for you, just send me the scene files and I'll create a place (that is, a page) where everyone can download them. This will become an automated process, but to begin with I'll have to set it up manually.

Send me the scene files by email to chris at dvinfo dot net.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #3
Major Player

my goodness you're great!

This is awesome because the XL-H1 has twenty three (23) camera settings to adjust your picture! (that I know of)

I'll compile 6 initial settings that I think will be a good start for XL-H1 users to use....
1. Reality
2. People
2. B&W
3. Cinema 1
4. Cinema 2
5. Music Video

For the Canon XL-H1 it's a single file for each preset. They are *.CPF type files and each one is only 39 bytes (smaller then this post I am typing for the non-nerds) so at less then 1kb it will take no bandwidth at all.

As I shoot various projects in 2006, I will share my DP's camera settings along with .wmv video streams (from my server) of the scene to the DVINFO community in this new area.

Hopefully as time goes by, HD100 and XL-H1 users will do the same. Does the HVX-200 allow you to save it's presets to a file?

thanks Chris....

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Shannon whenever you're ready I'll post those files as downloadable attachments to a "sticky" thread in the H1 / HD100 / HVX200 / whatever forums for easy access. As you know, easy access is always the best kind of access.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition