1080 60i to 1080 50i HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #1
New Boot

1080 60i to 1080 50i HDV

Hi, i have some footage that has been shot with a z1 that is 1080 60i. i need to get it to 1080 50i so i can mix it with other footage i have. does anyone have any idea how i can do this? i have tried using cinema tools but it wont give me the option to conform.

im running a mac with FCP 5HD, Cinema tools, After effects
Sam Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Major Player

www.nattress.com tools or if you're skint, JESdeinterlacer 2.7 - Nattress standards conversion will do it on the FCP timeline, JES would render out a file from the source clip that you'd then have to import into FCP.

I believe FCP has a standard converter inside, but it's not very good.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #3
RED Problem Solver

That's pretty much it, Dylan. If you want to slow things down, you can use Cinema Tools to conform, but not on native HDV footage - you have to use it with an edit friendly codec.

Standards Conversion works pretty darn good on HDV. If you want to try it, I'd change the motion blur setting to 15% for NTSC to PAL conversions to maximise resolution.

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Major Player

I have to admit I've never tried Standards Conversion myself, never having needed to go to NTSC - but its reputation precedes it.

I wasn't aware Cinema tools could go from 60i<>50i I thought it just did 25<>24 and 24pA pulldown removal.

Conforming 60i to 50i would involve slowing down the footage about 15% wouldn't it? far too much for standards conversion I would have thought.*

Do you mean compressor can handle standards conversion? Again I've not tried either - not having had the need.

*hmmm, re-reading I realise maybe that's exactly what you mean when you say "slow things down"... I assumed you were referring to Cinema Tool's and Compressor's rather sluggish reputation.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #5
RED Problem Solver

CT can "conform" from one frame rate to another, so you could go 60i to 50i by slowing down from 29.97fps to 25fps. Everything would be slow, but it would be a very good conversion otherwise! If you're using footage on a documentary without sync sound, it can work very well indeed.

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition