HDV multi format (720p & 1080i) recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old June 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Major Player

HDV multi format (720p & 1080i) recorder

It looks like macrosystem beat Sony, JVC and Canon to the punch with a multi format HDV recorder, it looks impressive:

Hardware features

- Standalone HDV hard drive recorder/converter-
- Real Time image enhancement and digital conversion
- Removable hard drive
- Front and back inputs for FireWire
- DVI and VGA outputs
- S/P DIF coaxial digital audio output, analogue stereo output, both active
- DVD Reader for future software updates and installation of additional hard drives
- Mini-Keypad with one-touch functions for record, playback and more
- Records 23 hours of HDV material to the 250 GB hard drive

I'd guess we'll have to see if this product will deliver, but it's a relief for people who were actually getting worried about a future proof recording deck.

BTW it also does NTSC and PAL.

But I wonder if it does 720/24p or Canons' 24f or 30f

http://www.hdvrecorder.us/TechnicalSpecifications.html

Last edited by Jemore Santos; June 6th, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
Jemore Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #2
Major Player

It's more an apple/orange comparison, since it is not using tapes at all, but has a build-in harddrive.
I was more hoping to see a HDV tape recorder instead reading this post, which can read both HDV1 and HDV2 formats Sony and JVC are using.
That would be a killer. It's such a pitty HVD is not HVD. Using the same DV tapes, not being able to play tapes across camera's or HVD recorders of different manufactures. As a freelance I jump in to help other people from time to time, just as they do for me now and then. When somebody brings-in a FX1/Z1 tape I can't simply read the tapes with my JVC equipment and visa-versa. How is this possible in 2006!? Creating 1080i or 720p is fine. If the camera cannot read the other format I can live with.
But at least the expensive HDV recorders should be able to read both formats.
At the moment we are are about investing into Firestore drives instead, to jump over this problem, so we can easily import the files strait into the editing computer systems using different HDV formats.
It will save capturing time, and costs less money then investing in 2 brands of HDV tape recorders.

Last edited by Marc Colemont; June 28th, 2006 at 10:57 AM.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition