HVX200 -> cineform -> Vegas 6.0 workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old July 19th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Major Player

HVX200 -> cineform -> Vegas 6.0 workflow

My new HVX200 should be arriving tomorrow. Ive got my new laptop(for field capture) and my new BOXX system should be arriving early next week. I use Sony Vegas as an editing platform and Cineform Connect HD for HD/HDV conversions. My question is, what settings do you use for these programs when working with the DVCPROHD format. I plan to shoot mostly in the 720 24pN mode, but I will be using the 1080 60 mode for shooting water sports.

With Cineform, do you resize? What about Vegas...do you use one of the HDV templates? Shoot me some insight fellas.

And for those who chimed in on my 90+post thread about deciding between the JVC and the Panasonic, I chose the panasonic for the variable frame rates, slow mo, and how the codec has held up under motion testing.

Im pretty excited. I get my cam tomorrow, and their should be good waves in Cape Hatteras(best small wave in the world 6-7 feet) due to Tropical storm Beryl!! I get to surf and shoot!

Anyways, let me know about the settings guys!

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #2
Major Player

nobody huh?
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer
Im pretty excited. I get my cam tomorrow, and their should be good waves in Cape Hatteras(best small wave in the world 6-7 feet) due to Tropical storm Beryl!! I get to surf and shoot!

-burk
oh come on now. let's not get carried away. Who says it's the best small wave?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 05:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
oh come on now. let's not get carried away. Who says it's the best small wave?
Easy there Captain Literal. Its a really good small wave. Are you happy now?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:31 AM   #5
Inner Circle

i think youll get better results int eh cineform forum (ie the cineform software showcas forum on this site).

From what ive read the workflow is very similar to the native HDV editing solutions already in place.

Have u checked the Vegas forum? There was a bit of a write up on it when it was released.

IM not using it yet, but im tossing up between cineform or Raylight. At the moment raylight is "winning" my decision simply due to the zero need of creating an intermediate file. U literaly work off MXF files... via proxy for low quality previews, and native with med or HQ
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:41 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
i think youll get better results int eh cineform forum (ie the cineform software showcas forum on this site).

From what ive read the workflow is very similar to the native HDV editing solutions already in place.

Have u checked the Vegas forum? There was a bit of a write up on it when it was released.

IM not using it yet, but im tossing up between cineform or Raylight. At the moment raylight is "winning" my decision simply due to the zero need of creating an intermediate file. U literaly work off MXF files... via proxy for low quality previews, and native with med or HQ
Ill check out those other forums. Id like to hear your thoughts when you start working with Vegas and Raylight.

-burk
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #7
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer
Ill check out those other forums. Id like to hear your thoughts when you start working with Vegas and Raylight.

-burk
There is a complete tutorial online for using Raylight with Vegas,
including project settings with screen captures, see page 3 at
http://dvfilm.com/raylight/raylightTutorial1.htm
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #8

There is a review/tutorial on the VASST site as well.
http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=Raylight
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #9
Major Player

Thanks guys. ive been doing some testing nd some adjustments, and I ve got it pretty much figured out. This camera is amazing! and Ive been using Vegas since Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 2.0, and I love it. I think ive got the sweetest setup out there!
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition