Sony Z1U or Canon XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old September 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony Z1U or Canon XH-A1

Hello there,

Was hoping to get a little help with this new purchase.
I am looking into spending around 5k (CA) on an HD camera and can't decide in between those two. (or if you suggest another one within same budget, I am listening)

I shot a few things with the XL2 and decided to sell it. I am just looking for a better quality picture with a smaller body.
Am I going to get about the same quality with these cameras?
Paulo Salomao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Trustee

The XH-A1 is newer, and is expected to have the same picture quality as the much more expensive XL-H1.

I have the Z1U. While it is all around excellent, I plan to upgrade to either Sony's V1U or the Canon A1, whichever has the better 1080i quality. 24p is not important to me.

I hope to see some V1U clips soon at 1080i, to see if they can maintain the reported excellence of the 24p. If not, then the H1 is a fallback position to a known quantity.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition