Introducing my proposed HDV workflow... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old February 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Introducing my proposed HDV workflow...

Ok guys, here it is, my researched and proposed workflow. Tell me what you guys think, especially if there are any serious flaws...

I currently have 2 JVC HD100 cameras.

I will purchase 2 "For-a MC10AD" analog component converters to convert to HD-SDI.

From there I will input that into a Panasonic "AV-HS300" video switcher. I plan on getting 2 monitors, 1 for main and 1 for preview, but i havent decided specifically on that, as it's not entirely important right now.

From there i will output to the Panasonic AJ-HD1400 VTR.

I also need a time code generators... never purchased one before. Any suggestions?

I am also looking for a portable DVR that can accept HD-SDI input and record compressed HD. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Jon
Jon Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Also...

I want to keep my workflow 720p at 60fps. I found out today that the HD100 JVC outputs analog component 720p at 60fps uncompressed. I felt like i discovered the world's best kept secret!
Jon Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #3
Major Player

It's not actually a HDV workflow if you use the AJ-HD1400 VTR - you'll be recording to a DVCPROHD tape. Apart from that - it looks very interesting!
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition