Edius & to Blu-Ray at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old September 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Edius & to Blu-Ray

I'll be using Edius 4.51c, with a HDV project saved as "Canopus HQ avi" will Roxio HD pro software see the file or must I convert in Edius to something else before bringing in intto Roxio for Blu-ray???. Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Gary, I'm setting up an Edius system currently and will be using the same flow ... HDV --> Edius (HQ Codec)
I'll be picking up Sonic DVDIT Pro HD as well.
Still testing the trial of Edius.

From the timeline, you'd have to export to a MPEG2 compliant stream using something like ProCoder Express. That is what Roxio/Sonic will expect.
This shows up as Generic ISO MPEG Stream at 1920x1080. You can use a video bit rate of 25 Mbps (avg). I think there is a chart at the Roxio forum for DVDIT Pro HD which shows you the exact settings and a screenshot from full version of procoder

Thanks!
Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Paul, worked things out, so far my bullet proof output from Edius is a "HQ avi" the only problem is when I want a standard DVD from the same file, even if I check to reencode in Roxio, I get "jagged" edges on edges and titles.Gary...Thanks for the help
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE