How to vigneete /and do burn dissolve? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old May 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to vigneete /and do burn dissolve?

Hi Guys
there is a transition and a filter I have seen and was wondering if Edius can do them
The filter filter is "vignetting"
The transition is a "burn" dissolve that goes from one to the other with white in middle...

Thanks
Bob
Robert Musiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Vignetting can be done with the "old movie film" filter, remove all the checked boxes and check border darkening, play with the darkening slide acording to your taste.

The burn dissolve is not present in Edius as a Filter, you can achieve a similar effect playing with other filters, I did it once with pretty good results, but don't remember the exact process I did, It was done with chrominance + soft focus, and overlaying in another V track same footage part with brightness all the way high and playing the transition by hand using the rubberband. Is not as simple and takes time but if you play a while with it you can get very nice results.

I saw some others at the GV who have done it also with different methods, Hopefully in Version 5 GV will surprise us all with this filter and some more.

Have fun.
Alexis Vazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Trustee

ProDad's Vitascene is a plug in for Edius, and will do exactly what you're requesting.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE