Neo 2 Hardware Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old December 21st, 2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Major Player

Neo 2 Hardware Questions

Am considering buying an HMC-150, and will have to rely on the free Neo 2 because I have no other NLE that will handle AVC. Expect to grow into more use of AVC, but for now, just looking to get started w/AVC. (Have been running Adobe CS2 and CF Aspect HD/HD Link very well for years on my tower).

Did some research, but am not very knowledgeable about performance of dual-core processors, and Neo 2 sys reqs claim 3 GHz is required. Will a dual-core provide enough "oomph" to run it? (Does a dual-core chip "double" the GHz)?

I have 1 tower and 1 laptop, but unsure which machine to install it on.

Tower has:
double dual-core AMD Opteron 275 processors, w/:
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 display adapter
1.5 TB RAID
Dual monitors
Win XP Pro

Laptop has:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 Ghz 2.27 GHz 2.27 GHz (Shown in Device Manager) w/:
4 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9800M GTS display adapter
Vista 64
w/external drives I can use as wither USB or FW.

I plan to take the tower up to better performance w/more RAM, maybe a better graphics card in the future, but which is my best choice for running Neo 2 until I can get that done?

Thanks.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE