editing ex1r footage /questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old February 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Major Player

editing ex1r footage /questions

im getting ready to shoot a job with an ex1R next week. first time to use the cam. a few questions for those using it w/edius.

1. for standard stuff, should i shoot in 1080p 60i?
2. once ive shot the footage do i bring it into the sony clip browser first?what are the steps for that?
3. once i bring it in there, do i convert it or just drag these clips onto the timeline?
4.once finished, the client wants an mov. file of the finished product. how do i convert this?
5. im going from an earlier version of edius to 5.xx so since it doesnt have procoder, how do i convert to a mov file? need to know the steps.
thanks for your input
Edit/Delete Message
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Jim,
I'm on Edius 5.12. I shoot everything 1080 60i. Always use CB to transfer files, never use Windows Explorer. In CB, I open 2 explorer windows, top one shows the contents of the SxS card, the bottom one shows my internal hard drive. I create a folder in the bottom window, then drag all the files from the top window to the bottom. After the transfer is done, open Edius and drag your files from the CB window into your Edius bin or timeline. No conversion is needed.

When you're done editing, if you want to convert your timeline to .mov:
Set an in point at the beginning of your timeline by moving your cursor to the head and press "i" to set your in point. Now go the end of the timeline and set "o" as your out point.

Press the export button (right button under the program monitor) or F11 shortcut.
In the next window, scroll down the list of export options and select Quicktime. Select Quicktime Exporter Plugin and press the export button, which takes you to the next window, where you can make appropriate adjustments in the "setting" window. When you're done, press save and the timeline will render out as .mov
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE