Timelapse – My solution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old January 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Major Player

Timelapse – My solution

I've been trying to fined a solution for Timelaps in Edius for a some time now... and last night I found, or more came up with one. So this is my way....

First I open photoshop elements and choose “multiple editing” (I don't know what it's cold in the English PSE, I'm working in a Swedish one...). In that menu I choose my timelaps photos folder and create a new target folder. The main change is to change the size to 3240x2160 (that 'coz 2160 is the widest Frame I could make in Edius). When I then got my new folder with all photos in the right size I move to Edius.

In Edius I create a timeline with frame size 3240x2160 and 1:1 aspect ratio. Than I change (I think that 5 sec is default) in User Setting/Source/Duration, Still Image to 00:00:00:01 (1 frame).
After that I add all my timelaps photos to the bin and move them to the timeline.

When it comes to export I choose QT and setting “no compression”/best Quality.

After that I import that QT film to my 16:9 project (or your choice of frame size) and can then make motion in the film (60% fills a 1080 project) etc etc.

Hope this helped someone... and that I didn't with something totally wrong (English=second language).

I've not tried this in a real Timelaps, just with some test photos...

Cheers From Sweden
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Trustee

re: Timelapse – My solution

My solution is a little faster and can be done with less steps.
1. Load photos into the bin, no need to resize.
2. Set still image duration to 1 frame under application settings/still image duration.
3. Drag and drop them on a 1920x1080 or 1440x1080 timeline, all photos automatically resize.
4. Render out the sequence to whatever format you want, it won't play back in realtime.

If there is a black border above/below and you want to get rid of it, nest the sequence in another sequence and use layout to zoom in a bit. You can also zoom in, or pan across your photos for the duration of your playback.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Timelapse – My solution

Haha! That sound much better!
The problem I have hade is when I put a bunch of photos on the timeline I can't resize them all at the same time. That's why I though of my way. But I never tried to move to second sequence, and resize from there...
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Re: Timelapse – My solution

you can resize all at the same time

simply fix the first one on the timeline, then select all others with Ctrl+End and then drag layouter from info palette of first to the selected ones, done

or right click layouter of the first one and save as user preset, then drag to any or all selected ones
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM   #5
Major Player

Re: Timelapse – *My* NEW solution

Hi all

after viewing some films about editing DNG (from BMCC) in Edius I tested it for timelapse editing too. Really quick!

Put you timelaps photos in a folder (jpg if you are not in 6.5) -> right click in bin (in Edius) and chose "add File" -> click on the first picture in your timelapse folder, mark "Sequence clip", click open -> You pictures will now load as a sequence that you can ad on your timeline, resize in "layouter" (click "presets and chose "Fit Width" or how you like to animate you timelapse).

This may be basic for some, but for be it was a really quick and easy way... hope it helps someone!

/Markus
Markus Nord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE