Doc recently edited and graded with Edius 5.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Trustee

Doc recently edited and graded with Edius 5.5

Used the Grass valley HD Spark card to monitor output via hdmi.

More production notes here:

Home - Ramasola Productions
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Doc recently edited and graded with Edius 5.5

I didn't get to watch the entire piece, but 2 things bothered me...
1. Indian music for a Korean subject for the opening? That seemed weirdly out of place.
2. Instructor pronounced karate as "karati" instead of kara-teh at :51. That's like saying Mr. Smyth instead of Mr. Smith. lol
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:13 AM   #3
Trustee

Warren,

First off, thank you for taking the time to watch and giving feedback.
Considering the post prod time given I wasn't able to listen closely that the music I used from my "world music" library had a distinct Indian flavor to it! But I have no excuse for that lapse.
I agree, since this is not just about a school but also about a Korean culture, that the music should at least in the intro part where the Korean flag is shown, that it should be indicative of the area.

I couldn't do anything about the grammar, and even though they had high praises for this piece during their anniversary event for which this was shown, I still haven't given them a dvd copy, and since this is also online I went back and removed the tracks containing the strings that has distinct sitar/indian sound, I left the drums and introduced flute/winds and slight percussion at the back that is very similar to those used in traditional music in that area of Asia. I was looking for strings that sound like komungo or kayagum but couldn't find any. The rest stayed as is.

I hope you could find the time to give it another look see and see if it doesn't "culturally distract" from the content.

Again, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Last edited by Ted Ramasola; February 2nd, 2013 at 02:58 AM.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Yes!! Much better! I watched the entire piece and especially liked the ending dolly shots. Good job!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:41 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Warren.
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #6
New Boot

I liked your edited piece Ted, and I did watch it all. It is certainly more engaging that many documentaries littering the major networks lately.

One thing: The second instructor (hispanic?) had several lines during the show. His presence may or may not be important, but if he is.. then there was little to no background as to his past and process of joining the Dojo. In other words, even days after I watched the video, I sort of remember the good things he had to say, and yet he remains to be an unknown individual in my mind (not so with the founder of the school).
Luis Valenzuela is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE