Canopus Users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old May 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canopus Users

Are there not enough Edius HDV users to have their own section. I have only found some info in the DV section. I am guessing that Edius is not that popular. Any reason why. I have been using it for almost a year and have loved it. I have used the trials of some of the other programs, but I prefered Edius. Am I the only one?
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Cris Hurd is aware of the Canopus forum and does not want this forum to compete...at least that is what he told me a year or so ago when I asked the same question. Check out the Canopus forum if you haven't already...and yes Edius using HQ codec is the best solution IMHO around for RT output in full frame and and HDV...heck it is the first to fully support the new Canon and Panasonic as well.
Randy Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #3
New Boot

Canopus

I too use Canopus Edius for HDV editing.
Ithink after Edius 4 is released you will see a lot more acceptance. It is by far the best solution for HDV. Plus you don't have to pay extra for the codec.
Nick Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rinaldi
I too use Canopus Edius for HDV editing.
Ithink after Edius 4 is released you will see a lot more acceptance. It is by far the best solution for HDV. Plus you don't have to pay extra for the codec.
why do you guys think it's the best solution for hdv? I just read the vegas 6d comes bundles with the cineform codec.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks guys. Good to know there are others out there. I wish I could put into words why I like Edius better, but the interface seems cleaner/easier to use. I have found the contols to be intuative, the layout is cutomizable, you can use single or dual monitor layouts, etc.

It does HDV great and has a lot of options for exporting. I am playing with the HD exports now. They take a long time, but look incredible. I am waitng for v4 to come out. It has a built-in HDV tool to speed up HDV editing, that I am looking forward to. It is a very powerful program (as I am sure the other high end editing suites are) that I am still learning how to use. It can do lots of things that i have not even tried yet. I would love to spend a day with Mike (the Edius trainer) pick his brain.
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE