Edius 4.24 is now available - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old April 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Mike, Edius is a love/hate situation for me.

The program has progessed but certain things still make my editing difficult.

Titles have always been a sore spot for me as I refuse to use Titlemotion Pro, so I appologize for my tone.

I just have never associated titles with the in and out markers, and probable never will.

I set those markers for the project length and try not to move them very often.

Between the CTI jumping all over the place in Multicam, the source video/audio tracks becoming Unmuted when the mixer is open and CTRL-Z is pressed, and the Audio distortion when moving a slider, Edius still seems like a work in progess.

Rant over
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Interesting how different machines act....

well....different. I have Edius on 2 machine here. 1 is an HP 8200 ......the other a homebuilt rig that I built for Prem Pro a year or so ago. The home built one worked fine with Prem Pro and Avid Xpress....but Edius is another matter. All kinds of strange quirks. Nothing too serious....but on the HP...no problems.
I think that folks need to remember....not all software works "perfectly" on all machines. Many times a combination of things in a particular machine contributes to a program not working. Developers have to re-create the machine sometimes to order to create the "bug" so they can fix it. Not an easy task given the combinations of different parts one can have in a machine.

Mark
Mark Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #33
Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
Mike, Edius is a love/hate situation for me.

The program has progessed but certain things still make my editing difficult.

Titles have always been a sore spot for me as I refuse to use Titlemotion Pro, so I appologize for my tone.

I just have never associated titles with the in and out markers, and probable never will.

I set those markers for the project length and try not to move them very often.

Between the CTI jumping all over the place in Multicam, the source video/audio tracks becoming Unmuted when the mixer is open and CTRL-Z is pressed, and the Audio distortion when moving a slider, Edius still seems like a work in progess.

Rant over

No worries... I understand your feelings.

Could you please E-Mail me with all of those things driving you crazy so I can look at them one at a time?

Also... I am not understanding why you are setting the in and outs over the project (Sorry, I am dense sometimes!).

Mike
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Hey Mike,

The in and out buttons I am speaking of are used to set the length of the project when one encodes to .m2v or out to wave.

I don't like to move them unless I have to as to retain the exact project size in case I have to re-encode and re-insert in Adobe Encore.

This is why I reacted in a negative way when I was ending up with two hour titles added to the timeline!
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM   #35
Jolly Mon

Just so you know you don't have to have those in and out points over the entire project.

You can just uncheck the option Between in and out when you open the Print to file dialogue.

I do understand your frustration though,

Listen, I am trying to get don into the DFW area to see my folks. Are you a part of the Videographers Association there?

Would you be interested in a one on one session if I can get down there?

Mike
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Mike,

Sure I would be interested in a session on Edius if you have the time.

Thank you for your offer.

I am not part of any video organization, but probably should be.

I will e-mail you my details.

Also, when I mean in and out over the entire project, I mean the amount I want exported from the timeline, the amount that will be on my dvd ect..., not the entire timeline.
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM   #37
Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
Mike,
Also, when I mean in and out over the entire project, I mean the amount I want exported from the timeline, the amount that will be on my dvd ect..., not the entire timeline.

Ok... I got it now! It just takes me a while :)

Old April 21st, 2007, 07:31 PM   #38
Major Player

FS4 HDV issue...

Mike,

I tried to catch you a couple of times at NAB, but you were always doing demos or talking with folks.

There's also been an issue with Focus FS4 (HDV upgrade) files that others have noticed (I've noticed the issue since getting the HDV upgrade in '05).

Associated link: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...726#post664726

I spoke with Keneally about it at the show, and he was under the impression that it was corrected in 4.24. I'm still seeing issues after the update, even with fresh .m2t files from the FS4 HDV units (Z1 & H1 cameras).

Would love to hear back from you guys if things ever resolve.

Thanks much.
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM   #39
Jolly Mon

Shawn... the thread you gave me makes me think there is a problem with the firestore system.

The last posts in there are showing problems in all of the NLE's.

I will ask about this thoughand try my best to keep you informed.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE