Two camera shoot edit? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old April 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Two camera shoot edit?

Very happy with my new GuyGraphic system which Mike recommended..Question, I do a lot of two camera weddings, It seem like the only way to disolve between A&B cameras is the "old school way" from Rex days where you use the Luma key with bypass with a fade in and out enabled, I need to preserve the audio from both tracks and keep the audio in sync of course. Tried Multi cam but when you create a single clip after the cuts clips are missing with the audio you need...Is there a easy way to sinc the clips and bounce back and forth with a disolve in between the two..??? Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Jolly Mon

If you go into settings \ application settings \timeline you will see a option for extending the clip when you add a transition.

Try making sure that is checked and see if that solves your problem :)

Mike
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Mike, I wasn't shure if you would even understanding my babaling on!. Ya I did think of that as a possible fix, I'll give it a try today...Thanks for all of the help...PS any Idea why when adding a transtion such as a page peel 3sec. with a region around a frame grab, you lose the filter after rendering the the transtion...this only happens in pics grabbed in thru a HDV cam, in HD mode...know your busy this week, Gary
Old April 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Mike, the extend clip works great, I also unlock the audio and put them on seperate tracks, to pan or whatever the auio...Thanks alot, (I'm trying the region filter problem tonight..Gary
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #5
Jolly Mon

You are more than welcome :)
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #6
New Boot

Gary,
If you don't mind me asking - what are the specs of your system? How has it been editing HDV? I've talked to Guy Graphics as well and am wondering what you got? Thanks..

Lee Thomas
Lee Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I'll get you the specs in the morning, I can't find the lastest invoice with all the goodies...Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE