Welcome to our new Sponsors -- B&H and EVS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Welcome to our new Sponsors -- B&H and EVS

Howdy from Texas,

I'm pleased to announce two new sponsors for DV Info Net.

The mighty B&H joins us as our official Sony DV equipment resource. This is something I've been looking forward to for awhile. We've needed an authorized Sony dealer on our side, and they don't happen any bigger than B&H. Whether you're looking for Sony gear or any other kind of equipment, please order online using this link, which identifies DV Info Net as the referrer. B&H monitors where their traffic is coming from, and we'd like them to know you found 'em through us.

Also, I'm proud to add Express Video Supply to our elite sponsors list. I've known the EVS staff personally for several years and am happy to vouch for these guys. Whether you're looking for a camcorder or just a few boxes of tape, they'll take good care of ya. Please let 'em know you found them at DV Info Net.

More info on our Sponsors page. Thanks for doing business with these outfits -- they keep us afloat!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:58 PM   #2
Wrangler

Congratulations, Chris. I don't know EVS (yet), but I can't think of a better endorsement of the website than sponsorship by B&H.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Trustee

Applause~~~~~~~

Congrats on the B&H endorsement- I've been to their place a million times and they are absolutely 1st rate.......again congrats and big thumbs up for such a great site with tons of information for all of us.

Welcome EVS to our place in cyberspace- I'm sure allot of us here will be looking at your (EVS) site.
Old September 24th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Welcome to B&H and EVS. I have purchased from B&H before but now it will be a pleasure doing it via DVi Community.

Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM   #5
Major Player

I have to echo the sentiments regarding B and H, as I have had great experience with them.

I visited the EVS site today and like their selection and pricing until . . .

I was going to purchase a wired lavalier mic ($49.95) to add to my arsenal, but in checking out, it appears that my cheapest shipping option (to North Carolina) was $41!

Sorry, but that's a bit too steep for me (I've emailed my concern to EVS).

If this post is inappropriate, then by all means delete it, but I felt the members here needed to be aware of those shipping costs.

Of course, it could be a very heavy lavalier.

(Edit 7:58 p.m.)
I received a nice email from Scott Madrigal of EVS explaining that the shipping prices were an error and have been corrected. I have been invited to visit the site again, which I will - however at this time, the site seems to be down (I'll try again in a few minutes!).

Thanks to Scott for taking the time to email me.

(Edit 8:07 p.m.)
The site is up and I've placed my order, complete with an appropriate shipping charge. The "$41 shipping error" is fixed in a timely manner. Thanks to EVS for their taking care of that.

mdm
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:53 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

That's what's great about EVS. Like ZGC and Zotz, they're taking the time to monitor their feedback on our boards. Hope to see the EVS staff posting here soon. Thanks Mark,'

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:42 PM   #7
Trustee

Clicking on your link and then book marking it will not allow for tracking. The original link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?BI=155

will be converted to http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home
when you click on "add" to favorites

To change this back I clicked on the B&H bookmark. Right clicked and selected properties. I deleted the forwarded URL and pasted the one that you listed (the one that will allow tracking)
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #8
Machinist Mate

I'd like to add my voice to the thunderous ovation. I have bought tons of stuff from B&H --goodness knows they have enough things to sell -- and have found them to be a joy to work with.

Whenever their price is not the ultimate lowest it is at least close to the bottom, and you can TRUST them, not like some of these discounters whose cheap come-on prices turn out to be an illusion. No high-pressure sales tactics here or expensive useless "mandatory" add-ons, just solid, common-sense business.

One more thing, their huge "Sourcebook" catalogs are like a public library of equipment information, and they have separate ones for each category...two telephone-book-size volumes just for Professional Audio!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors