Visited B&H Store in NYC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old June 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Visited B&H Store in NYC

One word: Amazing.

I was literally in heaven. they have every thing you could ever image. Plus its all hands on so you can play and touch all of it. My girlfriend couldn't get me away from the XL1.

I def recommend if you are ever near or in New York City to check it out. Def a fun time! You will feel very amd that you are poor and cannot afford all the stuff you wnat, but its fun to look around!
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Trustee

Ahhh... another one hooked.
Old June 9th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes, go look at the stuff at B&H, but then order from a smaller place where you can talk to a human being! I recommend ZGC...every time I call someone answers within 5 seconds. Chris is extremely helpful.

I love places that sell lots of stuff, but I just don't understand why so many people love B&H. It's the equivalent of loving Walmart for being such a great store. I just don't get it, but I guess that's okay.

I still use B&H for some things and most of the time they've been good. I have had a couple cases that I've mentioned on these boards. The problems always deal with size issues (jack of all trades is the master of nothing) in which I couldn't get to someone who knew what I needed. Whenever I have issues with them, it's been next to impossible to reach customer service. (Who in this business has an hour to wait on the phone?)

Just my $.02, but I'd rather pay a little more for quality, human service and a relationship with a seller...especially when something goes wrong or needs to be changed with the order.

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 11:01 PM   #4
Major Player

I have always gotten pretty good advice from B&H, although it helps that I know nothing. Never bought anything on their advice that I regretted later, except one time and they stepped up and fixed it. I have had returns, order changes, etc, and they have always been excellent. I have even talked them into paying return frieght when they did not have to, just because the cost to ship from my end was absurd (like $60) and they get deals for oversize, etc...
Old June 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #5
Major Player

I use B&H a lot. Never had a bad experience.

Generally, I research a lot before I buy though (forums like these, manufacurer's sites, etc. - not at B&H) so I pretty much know what I want when I go B&H, - usually their on-line store.

What I really like is that they have a lot of stock and if what I want is in stock, I have it next day.

I have had a couple of problems but they were fixed. Since I'm in business for myself I know that there are ALWAYS going to be problems with something. How a business handles the problem is what gets my respect.

I returned 3 LCD monitors a couple of years ago for bad pixels. No hitches, next day replacement, freight paid each way.

I also returned my Bravo duplicator because it came in with an older burner. Again, replaced immediately, freight paid.

B&H is pretty much just a box house with a big store front, which is exactly what I want.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors