Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old July 15th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations

Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations - Videoguys Blog Videoguys Blog

We’ve had tremendous success over the past year with our Videoguys Tech Select HP Z workstations. In anticipation of re-configuring our systems this year, we waited for HP to certify the latest revs of NVIDIA Quadro cards so we could put them in our new builds. They’re ready! We’ve put together 5 killer workstations that deliver a tremendous combination of performance, reliability and stability for video editors of every level and budget. Videoguys Tech Select HP z Workstations Videoguys’ Tech Select HP Workstations are custom-configured by our technicians to hit some great price points and still provide you with a machine that we strongly recommend. HP uses only the best components, and these workstations come optimized for digital content creation. They are easily expandable and upgradable which means you’ll get a longer useful life out of them.

Our approach to these workstations was simple: deliver the highest performing, most balanced solutions we can for each price point. We went back and forth with our team at HP tweaking each build until it met our specifications and target price. It’s all about providing our customers the most bang for the buck!

Additionally, we worked with our tech friends over at Adobe, Avid, Grass Valley and Sony to make sure these systems deliver outstanding results with Premiere Pro, Media Composer, Edius and Vegas Pro.

When configuring a computer for video editing and content creation, we feel the most important thing is balance. The system will only be as strong as its weakest component. Having a single component that is far more powerful than the rest of the configuration is not only a waste of money, it can lead to a less stable and reliable machine. So our custom workstations have CPU, GPU and RAM amounts that optimally support each other.

Picking and recommending the right laptop is a more difficult question to answer than finding the right desktop. Unlike a desktop, when you buy a laptop you are more limited in what upgrades and changes you can make after your purchase. In this guide we will recommend some specific models our Videoguys’ HP zbook Tech Selects.

learn more and check out our prices on screaming fast HP Z workstations and zBooks. Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations - Videoguys Blog Videoguys Blog

Gary
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations

Gary,

i want to chime in and help you vouch for the HP Z Book Lap Tops. I have a powerfully equipped 17" G2 ZBook Lap Top. Calling it a Lap Top or even a desk top replacement is an understatement. It is a true work station.

In all my years of video production having a lap top that could truly edit and keep up with the video demands of the day was always a problem. Not any more. I take this thing on set with me all over the country. It eats multiple layers of HD video and effects for lunch without a hiccup. I love this thing.

Besides the raw power the build quality is amazing. This is not the plastic HP of the old days. The all metal frame can stand up to the abuse I give it on the road. Yes its heavy, so what. I have what I need to do the job. I can't do my job with anything that has "air" in its name.

The 256 Gig SSDD OS drive is lightning fast and the 7200 RPM 1TB storage drive is plenty of storage before I hook up externals via Thunderbolt or USB 3. Having 16 gigs of RAM and 4 Gigs on board the dedicated NVIDIA video card combined with the Intel I7 Haswell configured processor is a dream.

The display is beautiful native 1920 x 1080 HD. I have all of the connectivity I would want. Plus the display ports allow me to buy inexpensive adapters for legacy connections.

This was not its intended use when I bought it but I like it so much it is now a second work station in my edit suite. I bought the HP docking station and a HP 21" Z Display. Now I set it down on that desk and bam! I have a second editing bay that rivals my fixed tower bay.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell the guys how awesome these machines are. It is worth every penny I paid for it.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old August 29th, 2016, 07:30 AM   #3
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Re: Videoguys Tech Select Workstations / Mobile Workstations

HP zBooks are definitely powerful enough to edit video on. They are a suitable desktop replacement.

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors