Used From B&H? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old July 18th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Used From B&H?

Has anyone ever bought a used camera from BH Photo? I am very tempted to buy an XL2 they have listed (if it's still there). I would check the forum here for members selling one but I don't have access yet.

It is rated at "9+". Anyone know if they provide any sort of warranty on used gear? Should I just wait another month until I have a little more in my budget for a new one?

I also noticed that the price of the new one ($3599) just went to one of those "View low price - too low to list" type things they do. I checked, and its the same price it was last week when it directly listed the price on the page. Any idea what that's all about?
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

try this one

find Jim Karrels on this message board he has an Xl2 for sale im in the process of trying to buy it from him myself but im having a bump in the road that im having a hard time getting passed
hope this helps you out... i have no idea about the B+H gig cant help you there
MEKHAEL
p.s. change your profile settings so that other members on here can send you email. you dont get any junk it just allows other users the chance to contact you if they wish
take care
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Mekhael, changed profile.

I have not been a member long enough to view the member classifieds, so if he has it for sale there, I will not be able to view it. I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page (its restricted for new members).
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Old July 19th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #4
Inner Circle

B&H is about the only place I'd ever buy a used piece from and in fact have in the past. The same service as if it was new-not warranty but service. I'd have no problem doing it again if I needed to.
As for the pricing question, sometimes the agreement a vendor has with the retailer is such that the retailer can not advertise their price to the public and one must email for it or call or whatever. It has nothing to do with B&H lowering or raising thier price to the end user it has everything to do with their agreement with Canon.

HTHs
Don B.
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Owen
I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page.
Check again, you have access.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Check again, you have access.
Thanks a million Chris! That rocks. I see it now ;)
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Owen
Thanks Mekhael, changed profile.

I have not been a member long enough to view the member classifieds, so if he has it for sale there, I will not be able to view it. I don't even see an option for the member classifieds yet on the forum main page (its restricted for new members).
Yeah, how/when does that show up for new members? I keep watching for it - but i remember reading you have to be a member for certain amount of time or something...
Cara Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Only 30 days since you registered. You should be able to see it. Try logging out, and back in again.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Only 30 days since you registered. You should be able to see it. Try logging out, and back in again.
Hmmm... tried logging out and still not there.
Cara Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #10
Major Player

I have found B&H very reliable for new gear, but the two used items I purchased were listed incorrectly. They are very good about taking things back though.
Patrick Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #11
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Gault
I have found B&H very reliable for new gear, but the two used items I purchased were listed incorrectly. They are very good about taking things back though.
Thanks for your kind words.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors