Looking for members in Southern California at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Looking for members in Southern California

I will be relocating to that area and wanted to know who was out there and what they were doing. I will be bringing a pretty extensive equipment package
of which I can provide a list. Unfortunately I think I'll have to sell my production trucks here as it's too much to tackle driving three trucks across the country myself as you might imagine. My biggest interest is in short film but as I'm tossing the corporate job I'd like to know what all might be going on in the area, I hold this community/forum in high regard. Thanks so much.
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I live here; I'm a film student at cal state. I have done a lot of writing, which was my focus for about a decade. I have four solid scripts and optioned one away. I recently have been getting into production - doing my own filming, editing, etc...

I have an xh a1 and adobe's production premium. I use final cut at school but prefer premiere pro.

Anyway - when you get to town drop me a line.

Sincerely,
Todd
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Will do Todd, thanks much for the response.
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi.. I too also moved to l.a. at the end of last year and I'm here wanting to get involved in short films... I was a film student in northern california and am here to pursue my dream. I'm a jvc hd100-brevis-final cut pro user.

Welcome to l.a.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Excellent, thanks for the response, I happen to have one of those HD's myself. I am leaving this area last week of April, I'll be looking for a large step van for all the equipment. I'll be just sout h of LA initially.

Michael Best
m1best@hotmail.com
814-490-2525
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey Michael, I'm in the Santa Monica area. Doing stuff with my XL2. If you need any help on anything be sure to let me know.
Old March 30th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey thanks - I've decided to sell my production trucks back East here so I will looking for a large production truck when I get out there. Keep an eye open. I'm hitting the road May 3rd. Thanks again
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM   #8
Major Player

Take note... I'm here... but too pooped to write more (it's 3:30 am :)

zzzzzzzZZZZ
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Hey Michael -

I own a production company out here in the Mojave Desert area. Drop me a line if you would like to meet. I have 14' ride on cranes, geared heads, and a 2000' green screen studio, HVX, and Letus setups. 4 me it ain't about $$. Lets get together.

R. L. Appling
fadetoblackfilms@cliffhaqnger.com
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:45 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Santa Barbara CA.
Drop me a line
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM   #11
Major Player

Fantastic, thanks for the replies, the trip west starts tomorrow. I will definitely be in touch..
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM   #12
Major Player

I'll be out there in August to join you guys. My list of gear changes quite often, but I've currently got an HD200 and some audio gear.
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Major Player

Wow - long trip, made it with only a trailer flat. Currently have all equipment in storage and am seeking a production truck/step van if anyone might know of one. I'm not sure where I'm going to settle yet but need to get the gear mobile. My new number is 760-500-7616, m1best@hotmail.com
I brought all my music and recording gear as well, way too much to list, I'll be setting up some studios over the next couple of weeks for a friend, really wish I could find some kind of venue for all this stuff, if you've got space but are in need of equipment I'd like to know about it. I also will be in the market for HMI's, currently I'm pretty tungsten with Desisti & Arri heads etc, 5k down to 100w peppers. I'm also interested in forming a film syndicate in this area where members share resources/talents. I may also consider rentals if things don't get going. I don't intend to work a normal job until after July so I can spend some time meeting people and maybe getting something going.
Just FYI, I'm 44, divorced, no children, so I have no real time limitations at the moment. Thanks for listening..
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #14
Major Player

film syndicate sounds really good. I've been in l.a. about a few months and a digital-based film group is what I've been looking for. Let's get a group going. I have a few short ideas I'd like to get made and would love to help out with others' projects. I'm in the los feliz area of l.a. I'll give you a holler, michael.

amos
mrak1979@yahoo.com
323-423-0057
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #15
Regular Crew

California Film Syndicate

Lets do it. I am in the Antelope Valley (1 1/2 hour North of LA) Got the gear I mentioned above and more. I am always interested in projects and other filmmakers in the area. HD, S16mm, 35mm, production trailer. We got the bases covered, a stadium to play in, the bat and balls - now all we need is a team - so there it is - that would be 3 - a CALIFORNIA FILM SYNDICATE is born! Shoot me emails and lets get together to compare notes and conspire :)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands