Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 39 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #571
Tourist

Film project seeking cast and crew (england)

Hello all,

We are currently trying to assemble a cast and crew for a short film project. It is absolutely essential that we recruit talented, technically brilliant individuals to take on the director of photography and production sound mixer/sound designer positions, and I thought, for these particular positions, this would be a good place to look. Below is the email advertising the production which we are currently sending out far and wide, for example to all the students/graduates of (near enough) all the relevant film and film related degree courses in the UK.

‘Open Return’ is the title of a new short film, currently in development/pre-production. Principal photography on ‘Open Return’ is set to take place in September (exact shooting schedule TBA), after which time the project will move into several months of post-production, before the final film is distributed for exhibition on the national/international film festival circuit in January 2007.

The ‘Open Return’ project is currently seeking talented, driven individuals to join the project, and become members of the cast and crew that will work to force the final film into existence. At this early stage the production is looking to recruit people of all specializations. Positions in the producing side of things, in the technical side things, and in the acting side of things are all available. If you are passionate about filmmaking, indeed about cinema generally, and think that you could be an asset to the production, do not hesitate to visit www.openreturn.co.uk, where you will find full details about the project, including a break down of every available position and role. You can of course also contact the production via email (mail@openreturn.co.uk) or telephone (07921331082).

Again, if the project sounds intrigueing, if you are interested in taking on the position of director of photography or of production sound mixer/sound designer (or any other position), visit the website, learn more, and contact us ASAP.

I will check this thread frequently, and strive to respond to emails promptly.

We look forward to hearing from you

David R. Warwick

David R. Warwick
director/producer of ‘Open Return’
http://www.openreturn.co.uk
email: davidrwarwick@openreturn.co.uk
mobile: 07921331082
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #572
Wrangler

Hi David, and welcome to DVinfo. I've moved your thread to the "Helping Hands" forum, which is where people go to find jobs around here. Good luck with your project!
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #573
Regular Crew

Jeff

My suggestion is Nikolaus Tarouquella, he is from Botafogo, dowtown Rio
de Janeiro. His web site is nikofilm.com

Alexandre

You you need help you can contact me at 55 81 91527817
Old July 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #574
MPS Digital Studios

I moved this over to Helping Hands to see if more people can offer suggestions. Have you tried some indie-friendly theatres, or maybe even some production workshops that have good ties to theatres?

heath
Old July 9th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #575
Regular Crew

Dp

I sent you a reply regarding the DP position. My resume and reel are contained in a weblink within.
Old July 10th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #576
Major Player

Saw that you are from Southampton. Me mum's from there. I spent many a summer walking down from 34 Bond Road to the Triangle fish and chips shop, then enjoying the best fish and chips in the world along the river.
Good times...
Welcome to DVinfo! Good luck with your project!!
Old July 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #577
Regular Crew

Freelance work

Hi everyone,

Do you guys happen to know of website besides here that show freelance production positions? Not to say that the postions you guys have here is not good, I just feel that I need to get more experience on projects in Texas before I start heading out of state.

Thanks in advance

Shedrick Mask
Old July 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #578
Capt. Quirk

Well, my favorites are Mandy.com, entertainmentcarreers.net (which hasn't done anything for me yet, but I still look), and productionhub.com. If you are really desperate for work with no pay, there is always craigslist.org.

For chuckles, you can always see what can be found at this thread- http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ght=job+offers
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #579
Major Player

A favour in Toronto

I am looking for a Canon EF adapter to try out. I currently use a Redrock M2 and am trying to devise a Relay lens system with EF lenses.

Anyone in the Toronto Area wanna rent me their EF adapter for a day?
Cool

Matt
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #580
Major Player

Must it be NYC?

How about Northern NJ? If that would work, I've heard tell that there is a theater in Montclair that can be "hired".

Though, not sure if my info is correct, i.e. that you can actually "hire" the theater. If you're interested, let me know and I'll try to scrounge more info.

good luck.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #581
Tourist

I own a small company in Santa Monica

I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well. Not only do we have a small production studio in the LA-area, but there is a recording studio here as well. We are also five blocks from the beach. You can see some photos at:
http://motioncity.com/subpg/tour.htm
Old July 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #582
Regular Crew

Dallas wedding, second shooter 7/15/06

I am filming a wedding this Saturday. The bride is now requesting a camera in the pews to catch her walking down the aisle, since the church will only allow cameras in the balcony.
You would use my 'ol GL-1. Wedding begins at 6:00. You would need to be there from 5:15 to 7:00. How much???? I don't know. Thanks!

Last edited by David Clark; July 11th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #583
Wrangler

David,

Give me a call, I can help you out. Ironically I did that very same thing with the F350 last Saturday. A wedding, up in the balcony, then down to the back for the precessional after the ceremony.

regards,

-gb-
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #584
Major Player

I have a small production company in LA.

We're currently shooting a documentary about opera, and we know popular music as well.

Here's my husband's personal site:
http://www.bradmays.com

I'd certainly be interested in hearing more about what you're looking for and when you would need it. Hope to hear from you.
Old July 11th, 2006, 09:58 PM   #585
Regular Crew

Greg has stepped up to bat. Thanks to all for looking!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands