DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Beth Dill August 7th, 2006 12:44 PM

Birmingham, AL shooters needed Sept. 23

Large scale wedding -- will pay $$ for experience and own equipment. Lemme know -- thanks!

Dominic Biondi August 8th, 2006 11:43 AM

looking for a post-production schedule

I'm looking for a template for a post-production schedule...it's a 13-episode half-hour show....broken down into weeks and days, Edit 1 and Edit 2, etc...

anyone?

George Ellis August 8th, 2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth Dill
Large scale wedding -- will pay $$ for experience and own equipment. Lemme know -- thanks!

I may not have enough wedding experience for you as I have done 1 (shoot to post). VX2100, Beachtek DXA-8, AT835ST or AT ATW R100/T101. Glidecam 2000 also. See profile for website.

Ron Williams August 8th, 2006 07:49 PM

ok thanks anyways

Denis Danatzko August 9th, 2006 09:03 AM

I'm too new at this to offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Williams
wow so i guess no one is willing to just let me be a fly on the wall - i dont for see me taking any business from anyone - i just would like to see how its all done.

ron,
don't get discouraged. I'll be using my HVX for a freebie shoot next week, but I'll only be shooting to miniDV, so it certainly wouldn't be what I perceive you're looking for, i.e. a good example of the P2 workflow. Besides, it's a freebie shoot and I'm so new at this, I'm afraid what you'd be most likely to see is my mistakes. (I expect that, at least, I'll learn a lot).

Don't give up yet.

Michael Gottino August 9th, 2006 09:53 AM

XL2 Owner needed for 2 hour gig in Lakeland, FL (tampa/orlando)

I am shooting a live event on Friday Aug 11th at 6 PM and need a Canon XL2 owner to come for 2 hours. Just need to rent the camera and have you assist with jib.

I am a jib operator and will be flying the camera on an EZFX 10ft jib with Varizoom hothead. I have a Panasonic but would like to match the clients other cameras which are XL2's. Good opportunity to make a quick 100 bucks. Easy work and paid at the end of the gig.

I am pretty easy going and and like to have fun while shooting. Please no egos or flakes and be professional.

Thanks!

Barry Gribble August 10th, 2006 09:31 AM

Need DC-Area DPs, August 20, September 9-10

I need DP's for two upcoming projects:

August 20
Short Film
I would love to have a DP who uses a 35mm adpator on a DV camera to shoot an 8 minute short. If not, someone with a 2/3" chip camera would be great. Or if you can put together nice, cinematic images in an outdoor shoot using DV I'd still love to hear from you.

September 9-10
Web Series
This will be the pilot shoot for a web series. I need someone with a lot of experience shooting handheld, with the psuedo-reality show look of Arrested Development or The Office. This could lead to monthly shoots after this. We'll be shooting the first 2-3 five minute episodes of the show at two locations.

Both projects have great scripts with great actors attached. Our aim on both projects is to put together a first rate product, and to have fun while we do it. I like DP's who treat the frame as art, but who can also move quickly.

Please email me your info, and a link to a demo reel if you have it on line. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tucker Wright August 10th, 2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Gribble

August 20
Short Film
I would love to have a DP who uses a 35mm adpator on a DV camera to shoot an 8 minute short. If not, someone with a 2/3" chip camera would be great. Or if you can put together nice, cinematic images in an outdoor shoot using DV I'd still love to hear from you.

I have an XL2 and Letus35XL Enhanced. This is a new system for me so my Demo reel is not developed at this time. I had been shooting some on 16mm Film but in recent years I have been focusing on Photography. You can get an idea of my composition and photographic skills at my website:

http://seenosun.com

I recently took some sample shots with the XL2 / letus35XL Enhanced for the DVi forum. It utilizes a preset I use to get a pretty decent film look. It recieved a great response from other members. You will see a link to the sample video footage on seenosun.com but I recommend viewing the footage by hitting the following link. The server is a little faster and it utilizes a longer clip with a larger viewing window. The shot was thrown together very quickly and was intended to show the DOF of the adapter. If I had shot a second take I would have changed the compostion slightly.

It can be viewed at:
http://65.36.225.68/theater_redirect.htm

I would be interested in taking a look at the script and discussing some more details about the shoot on August 20th. My email is MW@seenosun.com

Zulkifli Yusof August 11th, 2006 12:43 AM

Music Composer needed!

Hi

I'm in urgent need of a music composer to work on an original score for a student short 16mm film (2-3mins). The edit is almost done and we have included a scratch track for reference. Our deadline is in 2 weeks so anyone interested do give me an email!

Thanks
zul.lee.yusof@gmail.com

Nate Fields August 11th, 2006 11:55 PM

where to look for actors?

where is a good place to start looking for actors?
they have to be local. i heard that if you go to local colleges you can find actors willing to work for free just so they can put it on their resume.
please give some good leads and advice.
thank u!!

Emre Safak August 12th, 2006 02:47 AM

mandy.com and craigslist.org

Denis Danatzko August 12th, 2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Fields
...if you go to local colleges you can find actors willing to work for free just so they can put it on their resume.

If you have a low - or no - budget, this could work well. Try contacting someone at the college's "School of Arts". However, remember, you're working with students who are/will be strapped by classes.

School will be starting soon, but if you hurry, and are ready for the beginning of this semester or next, you might even be able to convince a professor or 2 to allow some of the students to use the work as an independent study course. If you can find an interested student(s) and a willing professor, the student could also gain academic credit as well as credits in the production.

Good luck.

Tucker Wright August 12th, 2006 10:54 AM

There are alot of good actors that work in local community theater. I got involved in a hybrid Community / College Theater in my area and have had three really cool parts in their last three productions. I'm auditioning for a fourth show this September. This not only helps me build relationships with actors but gives me an opportunity to see if they are easy to work with. Some are great, very open to ideas, work with an ensemble well, etc... Others are extreme Divas that I wouldn't hire if they paid me.

Nate Fields August 12th, 2006 11:27 AM

thanks for all the advice

David Perrine August 12th, 2006 04:37 PM

Sites

Update:

No progress on the sites so far.