DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2011 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/470624-helping-hands-2011-a.html)

Brian Press September 21st, 2011 06:13 PM

Looking for LA Wedding Cinematographers for Oct 1st.

Hey Guys and Gals!

Well, these last minute bookings keep on coming in. So, I am looking for a few experienced shooters for an Oct 1st wedding here in LA. Also, looking to build our team in general, so yeah, let's rock!

Looking for
DSLR's
Sliders
Stedicams / GlideCams
some sweet lenses.
Major creativity!
no bright clothes :-)

Must have shot at least a dozen weddings and feel comfortable working weddings. You can take a look at our style to see if it works for your style.
impressivecreations.com

These are all paying jobs as well! Please email info@impressivecreations.com if you are interested or have any questions!

Thanks!

Brian

Michael Hutson September 25th, 2011 09:26 AM

Just moved to Chicago area.

Moved to Elgin. Looking for work. Have 2 Cannon XH-A1's, steadicam/vest, and assorted equipment.

Don Bloom September 25th, 2011 09:32 AM

Re: Just moved to Chicago area.

Hey welcome to my hood! I'm not far from you in Hoffman Estates. Email me off the forum, maybe I can help you out.

Ross Zuchowski September 26th, 2011 03:56 PM

Always looking to know more shooters in the Chicago area- I'm in the west suburbs myself. I'll send you an email.

Don Bloom September 26th, 2011 03:59 PM

Hey Ross, good to meet you. Done some work in Melrose before. Could we be putting together another Chicago Mafia? ;-)

Ross Zuchowski September 26th, 2011 04:10 PM

Don

Sounds like a plan- I'll bring my black coat, ha! It's funny that you came out my way for a shoot I am always traveling to the city or other suburbs.

What sort of work do you do mostly? I mostly do corporate stuff- lately its been more higher education which was different for me. I'd love to more narrative but can't find to many paid gigs.

Don Bloom September 26th, 2011 04:15 PM

Well lostly lots and lots of weddings. 50 to 60 a year for lots of years but I also do or did a lot of seminars and other corporate stuff but unfortunately a lot of that has dried up for me. Some TV stuff (commericals) andhave shot for NASCAR running robotic cams (ABC,ESPN,Speed, TnT). I prefer the corp stuff but weddings pay the bills.
Yeah there aren't too many 'burbs I haven't worked in. I really try to stay in the North and Northwest suburban area but money is money so I'll pretty much go anywhere, even....(shudder) downtown. ;-)

Michael Hutson September 27th, 2011 03:28 PM

Sent you an email, Don.

Chad Whelan September 27th, 2011 07:51 PM

Tampa FL shooter 10/2

I need a shooter from 9:30 - 1pm in Tampa Florida this Sunday. Sporting event/party. You will be part of a 2 man crew. Thanks!

Chad

Michael Ferrara September 28th, 2011 10:34 AM

Re: Tampa FL shooter 10/2

Hi Chad,

I am available. message sent.

Thanks,

Mike

Rob Neidig September 30th, 2011 12:11 PM

Gainesville FL Interview Shoot

Looking for someone experienced in shooting interviews for the Gainesvile, FL area (actually Williston). Need HD, but our budgets keep us in the Panasonic HVX-200, Sony EX-1, JVC 700 kind of range. Standard "corporate head shot" type interview with audio. Exact date not set, but would be in the next couple of months.

Please reply with equipment listed and rates posted if you are comfortable with that. I understand if you don't want to post rates and we can call or email for more info.

THANKS!

Rob Neidig
Video Coordinator
Health and Safety Institute
Eugene, Oregon

Michael Ferrara October 3rd, 2011 05:09 AM

Re: Gainesville FL Interview Shoot

Hi Rob,

I'm available.

Thanks,

Mike Ferrara
mferrara@hapdigital.com
321-480-2567
www.hapdigital.com
video.hapdigital.com

Roger Van Duyn October 3rd, 2011 06:21 AM

Re: Gainesville FL Interview Shoot

If Michael isn't available, you might try me. It will depend upon whether or not I have an opening on your date, once it's set. Williston is a pretty long drive from Lakeland, so my full day rates would apply.

Brian Press October 6th, 2011 01:08 AM

DSLR Wedding Shooters Needed In LA area..

Hey Guys and Gals!

Hope all is well!! (Side note: we miss Steve Jobs! Thank you for all you have done! Our lives are better because of you!) sorry, just had to throw that in:-(

Anyway, we are currently looking to hire a few experienced DSL'r shooters for weddings in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas. We are looking to build our team in general, so yeah, let's rock!

Looking for DSLR's with:
Sliders
Stedicams / GlideCams
some sweet lenses.
Major creativity!
no bright clothes :-)

Must have shot at least a dozen weddings and feel comfortable working weddings. You can take a look at our style to see if it works for your style.
impressivecreations.com

These are all paying jobs as well! Please email us at info@impressivecreations.com with links to your most creative work if you are interested or have any questions!

Thanks!

Brian

Bernard Lau October 6th, 2011 08:13 AM

Re: Sydney Australia - Renting a hospital room for an hour.

Anmol, I would definitely look into nursing homes. As said above, there's usually free beds around. Offer to pay for the time or do a pro o video for them. Good luck with it!

Adam Logan October 7th, 2011 08:56 AM

Camera Person Wanted in Sydney

Looking for someone to assist with filming live music in Sydney area.. We need someone with a HDV camera such as Sony Z1 or better (no DSLR).. Someone that is reliable and is happy to take direction on the style of shots we are going for in a multicam shoot.. We arent working on huge budget projects but their is reasonable pay on offer and usually quite enjoyable gigs to film.. Please email me at mercytone5@gmail.com if interested.

Andrew Waite October 7th, 2011 10:28 AM

Baltimore or Washington DC Shooters?

Looking for a shooter to assist me (- Lovestruck Films / hdmweb.com) in Baltimore, MD on October 15th for a traditional Hindu wedding with the groom riding an Elephant in the Barat and everything. The wedding is actually from the 13th-15th, but I really just need a hand on the 15th. If interested shoot me message and we can talk compensation. Thanks!

Steven Davis October 7th, 2011 10:35 AM

Re: Baltimore or Washington DC Shooters?

Man, I wish I was closer.

David Carter October 7th, 2011 01:05 PM

48 hour film project glasgow (scotland) seeks 2nd unit in new york!

I've just got my genre which is cop/ detective. No script yet but I have to deliver it FILMED AND COMPLETED in 48 hours. Hoping to shoot using part of Glasgow as New York. Seeking a second unit to shoot New York city shots to drop on, specifically skylines, potentially at night. Need 720p footage but only a small amount which must be sent via yousendit or similar.

This must be shot within the next 24 hours in order that I can edit it in and by the rules of the competition has to be voluntary. Talented shooter will get 2nd Unit director title on the film. Film is being made by myself (director /exec producer on Fast Romance) FAST ROMANCE TRAILER 2011 - YouTube and I promise will have a quality to it, no matter what we come up with.

Please get in touch!

Carter

Alex Khachatryan October 7th, 2011 04:53 PM

Camera person with EX3 (or equivalent that produces 50mbp), NYC tomorrow 10-08-11s)

We are shooting a stage event with several cameras and I ideally need ex3 to match my other cameras. But since it's a last minute call I will consider anything that capable to produce 50mbps (panny af, Sony fs with external recorder, maybe even hacked gh2).
I will need you on location for 10 hrs, but actual shooting will be 4 hrs. Will pay your full day rate.

Please email me if you can help. Or text 347-565-5181

Cheers.

Alex.

Jeffrey Kauffman October 7th, 2011 08:42 PM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jeffrey Kauffman October 7th, 2011 08:43 PM

whoops. sorry

Louis Maddalena October 7th, 2011 09:20 PM

I'll be in the area on the 15th but have a corporate job on the 16th in New York... what time will this go to?

Alex Khachatryan October 8th, 2011 11:08 AM

Re: Camera person with EX3 (or equivalent that produces 50mbp), NYC tomorrow 10-08-11

Hey guys, anyone in nyc free today with broadcast grade camera? Still have to fill one spot.

Andrew Waite October 10th, 2011 10:32 AM

Louis... It's probably going to go late, but I'm sure you can duck out early.

Jeffrey Kauffman October 12th, 2011 03:47 AM

Have you found anyone to help you yet? I'm a little over an hour away and probably available. What are you thinking for compensation? jeffreynolan@reflectionography.net

Jawad Mir October 12th, 2011 11:19 AM

Re: Looking for second shooter in Vancouver, Canada

For all of you on west coast, check out Dylan's rental shop and any other help you may need finding a shooter. He was really accommodating. Thanks Dylan

David Carter October 12th, 2011 05:11 PM

Re: 48 hour film project glasgow (scotland) seeks 2nd unit in new york!

We made a kick ass film, and all is well. Thread closed.

Christian Brown October 12th, 2011 07:40 PM

I believe this thread should be in the Helping Hands section?: Helping Hands Forum at DVinfo.net

For the record, I'm in the area, but I'll be in PA that day. Feel free to update if you still need help finding someone.

Gary Nattrass October 14th, 2011 03:30 AM

Re: 48 hour film project glasgow (scotland) seeks 2nd unit in new york!

Some nice shots in your trailer, I wish you all the best in the industry but don't end up just having to enter regional film agency competitions, they can have limited effect in getting a break into the industry and tend to exist to promote the film agency and get them publicity!

Louis Maddalena October 17th, 2011 10:19 PM

Sorry I didn't check back in.. turns out my girlfriend had purchased football tickets for that evening.. .

Marty Jenoff October 22nd, 2011 04:18 AM

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I'm based in Baltimore if you ever need help again.
Marty

Michael Marks October 25th, 2011 09:16 PM

Seeking Shooter experienced with Fashion Style filming for a Making of (NYC)

Shooting a making of video for a fashion shoot for a day in the second or third week of November in NYC. I'm seeking a shooter or ideally a camera / editor team familiar with fashion style video shoots. The shoot would be edited for the web and for in store display and would focus on both the shoot and the clothing/models. Please reply with your reel, and experience with these style of shoots to createvisuals@gmail.com

Oren Arieli October 28th, 2011 10:46 AM

Need Corporate Shooter-Reston, VA Nov 9-10

Looking for experienced corporate shooter with good lighting kit and professional camera (SD is fine. Sony DSR-300 or equivalent is preferred).

The shoot is a panel discussion (to be webcast), and a 2 person interview.

Thanks!

Primoz Lazar October 29th, 2011 04:46 AM

any friendly collaborator supporter? :)

2 Attachment(s)
Hello. I am an idividual from Slovenia.

I know a lot about video production. Want to learn some more.
I am searching for friend who want to share learnings and enjoy co-working in VIDEO PROD.

I am going bussiness soon but do not have enough support. So need some right guy to get success and happinnes.

Contact - SKYPE:

lazzho

Have a nice day and dont be afraid to add me. I am not a girl.

Kevin McRoberts November 1st, 2011 12:17 PM

Re: Need Corporate Shooter-Reston, VA Nov 9-10

I'm available with either AF100, HVX200, or Z1U... or can rent just about anything you'd rather.

Sent info over to your site's info@ email address.

Dave Dodds November 8th, 2011 07:11 PM

Need tripod rental near bowling green ohio

Hi all - this is pretty last minute but I'm looking to rent a tripod tomorrow night in Bowling Green, Ohio from 3pm-7pm. At the least something equivalent to a Manfrotto 501 will do.

Please email me ASAP if you can help. DADodds@gmail.com

Thanks!

~~Dave

Dave Dodds November 10th, 2011 09:35 PM

Re: Need tripod rental near bowling green ohio

Strike that. All good.

Edgar Vasiluk November 18th, 2011 08:22 AM

Second shooter/partner needed. London

Hi,
Next year I want to add to my package "two camera operators", so I'm looking for a second cameraman with own equipment (sony hd camera...) to work with in London area and around.
Or might be someone can advice me how to find one.

You can email me at info@youmyworld.co.uk

Seth Bloombaum November 20th, 2011 12:53 PM

need audio rental in Honolulu

A friend asked where she could rent something like a couple Senn EW100 wireless lavs in Honolulu.

Recommendations?