Delivery for broadcast at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 7th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Delivery for broadcast

I'm in the sweetening phase of a series for broadcast. All of the editing has been done in Premier Pro 2 with the footage being shot with Canon XHA1s. The capturing was done using the Canon HDV 24f codec.

Now the files, which are huge, have been exported as uncompressed AVI files. Does any one have any suggestion on how to output those files to either HDcam or DVCpro HD?

What I'm hoping is someone has experience with a breakout box that outputs HD SDI signal to a VTR of one of the above formats. I'm still waiting to hear if it's possible to deliver the content via the uncompressed files on a removable drive.
Steve Mydelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Major Player

We've gone to DVCPRO HD before via HD-SDI out from an AJA card to the AJ-HD1400 (the compact Panasonic deck). No problems.
Ralph Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ralph,

Do you use the Xena LH line? That was the card I was looking at, so it's nice to hear from an owner that it works well.
Steve Mydelski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions