The same conversion method as in HD 50i-60i but in 60i-24p? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 31st, 2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Inner Circle

The same conversion method as in HD 50i-60i but in 60i-24p?

Now I know that the best 50i-60i HD live hardware chip (although I don't know what the mathematical conversion process is called) can convert the video into super smooth video. Now what I wonder is... can it do the same for 60i-24p? And if so, how much pseudo motion blur does it add (if any) and is it practical?
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Usually called standards and frame rate conversion.

2- I don't believe it adds motion blur, unless you use something designed to do that...? (Reelsmart motion blur.) But that's only when going from the same frame rate to itself, so you would go 60i --> 24p --> add motion blur. I think.

Is it practical? I suppose. You either rent time on a hardware box to do it (e.g. Teranex), or you use software tools like the ones from Twixtor (SLOW).

The main reason to do it is if the majority of your material is 24p and you want to make a 24p master.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I remember there is a specific frame rate conversion algorithm that produces super smooth video live from 50i-60i. It's only in super high speed objects that it has a "broken wave" type effect. It's currently being used prominently in HD broadcasts from the UK to NA.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions