HDV captured in Premiere Pro 2, going to FCS... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Inner Circle

HDV captured in Premiere Pro 2, going to FCS...

Hi,

if I would capture a video from the Sony Z1 with Premiere Pro, will it load fine into Final Cut?
If have to deliver a video on a HDD to someone working with Mac, while I'm working with PC. I know Mac uses .mov and I *think* they work flawesly together, but I want to check to make sure...

Thanks,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Major Player

AVIs & MOVs don't play well together, sooner or later you have to render one or the other out. Exchanging capture and editing lists via 'Automatic Duck' might be one way to go. Looking into 3rd party codecs like SheerVideo by BitJazz, might be another route.

I've never tried capturing DV as a QT file in PPro on a Windows machine, and wouldn't be suprised if it didn't work to well. OTOH, CS3 has a Mac version that operates natively in QT format...

Sorry, I just realized you were talking HDV, ie. .m2t files. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Eric Lagerlof; December 8th, 2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Misread original post
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

No problem, thanks for the answer. Well, the man who will be doing the editing said he wanted DV AVI's, so I guess they will be okay...

btw: I have captured in SD because that's what he wanted, we'll see how it goes... Thanks!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions