New Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #1
New Boot

New Software

Does anyone know of any upcoming software releases that will allow, Capture, Edit, Make Menus and chapters and Blu-Ray burning all in one program? The solutions out there now all require a few programs to use to get the final Blu-ray disc. I've had my HV20 and Blu-Ray burner for several months but rarely burn to Blu-Ray because of the complicated procedure. You know the story, some programs don't like this capture, some won't do this or that. I need a simple, consumer geared solution. My tapes are piling up!

Thanks!

Mike
Michael Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from HV20 to HD Editing.

Are you Mac or PC?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #3
New Boot

I'm on a PC

Mike
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

You might look into Roxio DVDit Pro HD....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
You might look into Roxio DVDit Pro HD....
It doesn't capture or edit. Only does menu/chapter/burn
Old January 1st, 2008, 08:53 AM   #6
Major Player

Have you tried the VideoStudio Plus 11 by Ulead? Here is the link and they have a trial version:

http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

Or Premiere Elements at the link below and they have a trial also:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premie...eatures/#item3

I am not sure how simple you are looking for or what you have tried already, but both author to blue ray with the Ulead also authoring to HD DVD on standard disks. I use the full Premiere and have for years, and have a preference for Adobe products, but Ulead usually packs more for your dollar. But I would suggest trying both and see which you like as far as workflow and also features, then you would be able to decide for yourself... :-)

D
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:01 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 comes with encore, and there's a direct to disc burn option in premiere.

But.

You can't author blu-ray discs as video untill the full architecture is released, hopefully sometime this year. At the moment there are a few stop-gap solutions but these discs won't work in any blu ray player - only the ones they're designed for.

Of course, this may of all changed while I typed this post...
Jamie Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Allan View Post
Premiere CS3 comes with encore, and there's a direct to disc burn option in premiere.

But.

You can't author blu-ray discs as video untill the full architecture is released, hopefully sometime this year. At the moment there are a few stop-gap solutions but these discs won't work in any blu ray player - only the ones they're designed for.

Of course, this may of all changed while I typed this post...

Yes, of course, I've been authoring bluray discs for months now... they play fine... :)
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM   #9
Major Player

Yes, I haven't used the Encore route as I don't have a blue ray burner and when you use encore, you cannot burn to a standard dvd as it will detect you do not have a blue ray drive and say as much. But I know alot of guys that do have encore and blue rays have been burning since this option was installed on the app.
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions